*”Dancing With The Stars” will return for its 18th season this month with a famous reality star and a Hollywood icon among the celebs vying for the Mirrorball.
Announced among the cast this morning were NeNe Leakes of Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta” and acting legend Billy Dee Williams.
They’ll join “The Wonder Years” star Danica McKellar, comedian turned game show host Drew Carey, swimming legend Diana Nyad, former “Full House” actress Candace Cameron Bure, Australian pop singer Cody Simpson, former NHL player Sean Avery and “Big Time Rush” actor-singer James Maslow.
Rounding out the crop, fresh from the Sochi Olympics, are gold medal ice dancing duo Meryl Davis and Charlie White, and double-amputee snowboarding champ Amy Purdy.
The entire celebrity cast was announced live today on “Good Morning America” from Glendale, Calif., ahead of the March 17 premiere. Tom Bergeron and new co-host sports host Erin Andrews unveiled the celebrities and their professional partners, including reigning season 17 pro champ Derek Hough and veterans Cheryl Burke, Mark Ballas, Karina Smirnoff, Tony Dovolani, Val Chmerkovskiy and more.
Pro dancer and so-called “bad boy of the ballroom” Maksim Chmerkovskiy, will return after sitting out last season to dance with Davis.
Also announced this morning is a new “twist” this season – viewers will vote to switch celebrities and their pro partners mid-season.
Below, the stars for Season 18 and their pro partners:
Danica McKellar/ Val Chmerkovskiy
Cody Simpson / Witney Carson
Billy Dee Williams /Emma Slater
Diana Nyad /Henry Byalikov
NeNe Leakes / Tony Dovolani
James Maslow/ Peta Murgatroyd
Sean Avery/Karina Smirnoff
Drew Carey/Cheryl Burke
Candace Cameron Bure/ Mark Ballas
Charlie White / Sharna Burtus
Meryl Davis/ Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Amy Purdy/ Derek Hough
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here