*A new Michael Jackson album, featuring eight unheard tracks from the late singer’s vaults, will be released in May, his official website announced Monday.
Titled “Xscape,” the album will be released in conjunction with his estate and Epic Records. Label head L.A. Reid took charge of ”contemporising” each of the recordings on the album, which will be out on May 13.
He said in a statement: ”Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with,” adding, ”We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”
Timbaland is the lead producer for the record, while Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome ‘Jroc’ Harmon and John McClain have also worked on the surprise record.
L.A Reid added: ”’Xscape’ continues the tradition of naming Jackson’s albums after one of its songs. The title track was written and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, who recorded the original with the singer.”
Epic will release a deluxe edition of the record to include all the sourced recordings in their original form.
Meanwhile, the singer’s track “Slave to the Rhythm” featured in a commercial for Sony.
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here