*A new Michael Jackson album, featuring eight unheard tracks from the late singer’s vaults, will be released in May, his official website announced Monday.
Titled “Xscape,” the album will be released in conjunction with his estate and Epic Records. Label head L.A. Reid took charge of ”contemporising” each of the recordings on the album, which will be out on May 13.
He said in a statement: ”Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with,” adding, ”We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”
Timbaland is the lead producer for the record, while Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome ‘Jroc’ Harmon and John McClain have also worked on the surprise record.
L.A Reid added: ”’Xscape’ continues the tradition of naming Jackson’s albums after one of its songs. The title track was written and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, who recorded the original with the singer.”
Epic will release a deluxe edition of the record to include all the sourced recordings in their original form.
Meanwhile, the singer’s track “Slave to the Rhythm” featured in a commercial for Sony.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here