*A new Michael Jackson album, featuring eight unheard tracks from the late singer’s vaults, will be released in May, his official website announced Monday.
Titled “Xscape,” the album will be released in conjunction with his estate and Epic Records. Label head L.A. Reid took charge of ”contemporising” each of the recordings on the album, which will be out on May 13.
He said in a statement: ”Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with,” adding, ”We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”
Timbaland is the lead producer for the record, while Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome ‘Jroc’ Harmon and John McClain have also worked on the surprise record.
L.A Reid added: ”’Xscape’ continues the tradition of naming Jackson’s albums after one of its songs. The title track was written and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, who recorded the original with the singer.”
Epic will release a deluxe edition of the record to include all the sourced recordings in their original form.
Meanwhile, the singer’s track “Slave to the Rhythm” featured in a commercial for Sony.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here