*With years put in, Nia Long is very familiar with the ups and downs of being in the entertainment business. Some which involve auditioning for films.
So when her son Massai decided to audition for her latest film “The Single Moms Club,” Long was nervous about the callback but had encouraging words on hand if things fell through.
“I was so nervous Massai wouldn’t get the job. I didn’t want to have to break disappointing news, so I explained to him that as long as he gave it his best that’s all that mattered,” Long told Essence. “I also told him that life has highs and lows, wins and losses. Just as I was saying all this, the phone rang. It was my agent with the good news. We did the happy dance and started packing our bags.”
Long’s callback jitters were among the topics touched on for the actress’ interview in the April issue of Essence, which features the 43-year-old mother of two on its cover. Long’s efforts did not go unnoticed as Massai expressed his appreciation for his mom and gratitude for working alongside her on the Tyler Perry-helmed “Single Moms Club” in an open letter to her that appears in the April issue of Essence.
“Filming The Single Moms Club was a lot of fun. It was awesome working with you, and I can’t imagine how hard it would have been if you weren’t there,” Massai wrote. “Now I really understand how hard you work.”
For more of Nia Long’s interview, pick up April 2014 issue of Essence magazine, which is available now on newsstands.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here