*With years put in, Nia Long is very familiar with the ups and downs of being in the entertainment business. Some which involve auditioning for films.
So when her son Massai decided to audition for her latest film “The Single Moms Club,” Long was nervous about the callback but had encouraging words on hand if things fell through.
“I was so nervous Massai wouldn’t get the job. I didn’t want to have to break disappointing news, so I explained to him that as long as he gave it his best that’s all that mattered,” Long told Essence. “I also told him that life has highs and lows, wins and losses. Just as I was saying all this, the phone rang. It was my agent with the good news. We did the happy dance and started packing our bags.”
Long’s callback jitters were among the topics touched on for the actress’ interview in the April issue of Essence, which features the 43-year-old mother of two on its cover. Long’s efforts did not go unnoticed as Massai expressed his appreciation for his mom and gratitude for working alongside her on the Tyler Perry-helmed “Single Moms Club” in an open letter to her that appears in the April issue of Essence.
“Filming The Single Moms Club was a lot of fun. It was awesome working with you, and I can’t imagine how hard it would have been if you weren’t there,” Massai wrote. “Now I really understand how hard you work.”
For more of Nia Long’s interview, pick up April 2014 issue of Essence magazine, which is available now on newsstands.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here