*As the March 31 deadline looms to sign up for health insurance without taking a penalty, President Obama took his pitch to “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in today’s broadcast, where talk eventually turned to her now-iconic Oscar selfie that beat his election night record for the most retweeted Twitter post ever.
“I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself,” Obama joked about the celeb-packed group shot she sent when she hosted the Academy Awards earlier this month. “Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza.”
The selfie beat Obama’s 2012 election-night victory photo of him hugging wife Michelle Obama for the most retweets ever, with more than 3.4 million retweets to date.
Watch a portion of President Obama’s Thursday appearance on “Ellen” below.
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here