*As the March 31 deadline looms to sign up for health insurance without taking a penalty, President Obama took his pitch to “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in today’s broadcast, where talk eventually turned to her now-iconic Oscar selfie that beat his election night record for the most retweeted Twitter post ever.
“I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself,” Obama joked about the celeb-packed group shot she sent when she hosted the Academy Awards earlier this month. “Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza.”
The selfie beat Obama’s 2012 election-night victory photo of him hugging wife Michelle Obama for the most retweets ever, with more than 3.4 million retweets to date.
Watch a portion of President Obama’s Thursday appearance on “Ellen” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here