*As the March 31 deadline looms to sign up for health insurance without taking a penalty, President Obama took his pitch to “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” in today’s broadcast, where talk eventually turned to her now-iconic Oscar selfie that beat his election night record for the most retweeted Twitter post ever.
“I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself,” Obama joked about the celeb-packed group shot she sent when she hosted the Academy Awards earlier this month. “Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza.”
The selfie beat Obama’s 2012 election-night victory photo of him hugging wife Michelle Obama for the most retweets ever, with more than 3.4 million retweets to date.
Watch a portion of President Obama’s Thursday appearance on “Ellen” below.
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here