*Oprah Winfrey says it’s nothing to see here when it comes to her private journals.
The TV talk queen told a court she won’t hand over her diaries as part of an ongoing lawsuit against her from Simone Kelly-Brown over Winfrey’s use of the term “Own Your Power,” to which Kelly-Brown says she has claim.
Kelly-Brown’s lawyers recently filed documents asking for a two-week extension of the discovery period, but Winfrey’s attorneys quickly responded with a strongly-worded letter insisting the suit move ahead as originally scheduled, reports Radar Online.
In the letter, obtained by Radar, Winfrey’s counsel insists that “Defendants have abided by all deadlines and done everything to accommodate the preferred schedule within the parameters of the Court’s expert discovery deadline … No extension is warranted, and any extension would prejudice Defendants.
They claim that the Plaintiff has actually engaged in “gamesmanship,” demanding last-minute teleconferences, and asking for to change the time and/or location of scheduled depositions.
What’s more, Kelly-Brown’s attorneys had asked the court to “compel production of ‘Ms. Winfrey’s personal, professional journal or diary entries’”, but Winfrey’s attorneys insist in the letter that that won’t be happening.
“Ms. Winfrey examined her journals and there is nothing relevant,” the letter to the Court insists.
In conclusion, Winfrey’s attorney writes, “We request that the Court deny the Plaintiff’s request for an extension of discovery …”
The judge agreed with Ms. Winfrey’s counsel, and denied the Plaintiff’s motion to extend discovery by written order entered on the docket on March 14.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here