*Oprah Winfrey says it’s nothing to see here when it comes to her private journals.
The TV talk queen told a court she won’t hand over her diaries as part of an ongoing lawsuit against her from Simone Kelly-Brown over Winfrey’s use of the term “Own Your Power,” to which Kelly-Brown says she has claim.
Kelly-Brown’s lawyers recently filed documents asking for a two-week extension of the discovery period, but Winfrey’s attorneys quickly responded with a strongly-worded letter insisting the suit move ahead as originally scheduled, reports Radar Online.
In the letter, obtained by Radar, Winfrey’s counsel insists that “Defendants have abided by all deadlines and done everything to accommodate the preferred schedule within the parameters of the Court’s expert discovery deadline … No extension is warranted, and any extension would prejudice Defendants.
They claim that the Plaintiff has actually engaged in “gamesmanship,” demanding last-minute teleconferences, and asking for to change the time and/or location of scheduled depositions.
What’s more, Kelly-Brown’s attorneys had asked the court to “compel production of ‘Ms. Winfrey’s personal, professional journal or diary entries’”, but Winfrey’s attorneys insist in the letter that that won’t be happening.
“Ms. Winfrey examined her journals and there is nothing relevant,” the letter to the Court insists.
In conclusion, Winfrey’s attorney writes, “We request that the Court deny the Plaintiff’s request for an extension of discovery …”
The judge agreed with Ms. Winfrey’s counsel, and denied the Plaintiff’s motion to extend discovery by written order entered on the docket on March 14.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here