*Adidas has now officially jumped aboard the Pharrell Williams train.
The sportswear giant has signed a deal with the artist to design a collection using eco-friendly Bionic Yarn, a company that manufactures basic materials for creating clothing from re-cycled plastic bottles.
“Working with an iconic brand like Adidas is such an incredible opportunity. From the classic tracksuit, to growing up in Virginia wearing Stan Smiths, Adidas has been a staple in my life,” Pharrell stated. “Their pieces are timeless. This is an exciting partnership for both me and for Bionic Yarn.”
Adidas is equally as “happy” to collaborate with Pharrell. The company’s global creative director Dirk Schoenberge said: “I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell. He is a pop-culture icon who never fails to inspire, not just through his musical talent and craft, but through his many other interests. He is the perfect fit for the multi-faceted company that is Adidas.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here