*Adidas has now officially jumped aboard the Pharrell Williams train.
The sportswear giant has signed a deal with the artist to design a collection using eco-friendly Bionic Yarn, a company that manufactures basic materials for creating clothing from re-cycled plastic bottles.
“Working with an iconic brand like Adidas is such an incredible opportunity. From the classic tracksuit, to growing up in Virginia wearing Stan Smiths, Adidas has been a staple in my life,” Pharrell stated. “Their pieces are timeless. This is an exciting partnership for both me and for Bionic Yarn.”
Adidas is equally as “happy” to collaborate with Pharrell. The company’s global creative director Dirk Schoenberge said: “I am truly thrilled to work with Pharrell. He is a pop-culture icon who never fails to inspire, not just through his musical talent and craft, but through his many other interests. He is the perfect fit for the multi-faceted company that is Adidas.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here