*Apollo Nida is reportedly ready to cut a plea deal with the government just two months after his arrest for identity theft, bank fraud, and conspiracy in his gearing up to follow in their footsteps.
The “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star and husband of Phaedra Parks was arrested on January 24. On February 14, the court granted a motion to delay the pre-trial proceedings until March 25. Since that time, his attorneys “and counsel for the government have been engaged in discussions…” newly filed court documents obtained by Radar Online reveal.
“They are still in the process of investigating additional facts and negotiating a resolution,” the documents explain, and “have made substantial progress toward a resolution of this case.”
As such, the court agreed to yet another extension, up until April 25, in the hopes that Nida will be able to come to a deal with the government.
The new extension ensures he will have “sufficient time to consult with his counsel, investigate all facts material to resolving this matter, and continue said discussions with the government,” his attorneys wrote.
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here