*Rubin Carter, the boxer portrayed by Denzel Washington in the 1999 film “The Hurricane,” is fighting prostate cancer.
Carter was diagnosed in 2011 and was given three to six months to live, but the frail 76-year-old is still fighting the disease.
“It’s hard to look at him like this,” a source tells the New York Daily News.
Washington was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of the fighter who was wrongfully convicted of murder.
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here