*Rubin Carter, the boxer portrayed by Denzel Washington in the 1999 film “The Hurricane,” is fighting prostate cancer.
Carter was diagnosed in 2011 and was given three to six months to live, but the frail 76-year-old is still fighting the disease.
“It’s hard to look at him like this,” a source tells the New York Daily News.
Washington was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of the fighter who was wrongfully convicted of murder.
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here