*Finally! It’s happening.
“Jumping the Broom 2” has been green lighted by Our Stories Productions and TD Jakes Productions.
The film focused on two VERY different families coming together (but not really) for a weekend wedding on Martha’s Vineyard.
The second film will be set in New York City when two very different families come together again for a weekend wedding. Will they actually come together or cause chaos? Probably chaos.
Elizabeth Hunter is attached to write the screenplay and produce after writing the original film. Tracey Edmond and TD Jakes are producing as well while DeVon Franklin is overseeing Sony Pictures.
There are two questions on everyone’s mind:
Will Salim Akil return as director? No word yet.
And will there be any connection to the first film (other than plot) with returning cast? Once again, no word yet. But Hunter is the original writer, so she’ll probably find a way to bring back some of the cast from the first film.
Nevertheless, fans can still be happy that a sequel is finally in pre-production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here