*Finally! It’s happening.
“Jumping the Broom 2” has been green lighted by Our Stories Productions and TD Jakes Productions.
The film focused on two VERY different families coming together (but not really) for a weekend wedding on Martha’s Vineyard.
The second film will be set in New York City when two very different families come together again for a weekend wedding. Will they actually come together or cause chaos? Probably chaos.
Elizabeth Hunter is attached to write the screenplay and produce after writing the original film. Tracey Edmond and TD Jakes are producing as well while DeVon Franklin is overseeing Sony Pictures.
There are two questions on everyone’s mind:
Will Salim Akil return as director? No word yet.
And will there be any connection to the first film (other than plot) with returning cast? Once again, no word yet. But Hunter is the original writer, so she’ll probably find a way to bring back some of the cast from the first film.
Nevertheless, fans can still be happy that a sequel is finally in pre-production.
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here