*Finally! It’s happening.
“Jumping the Broom 2” has been green lighted by Our Stories Productions and TD Jakes Productions.
The film focused on two VERY different families coming together (but not really) for a weekend wedding on Martha’s Vineyard.
The second film will be set in New York City when two very different families come together again for a weekend wedding. Will they actually come together or cause chaos? Probably chaos.
Elizabeth Hunter is attached to write the screenplay and produce after writing the original film. Tracey Edmond and TD Jakes are producing as well while DeVon Franklin is overseeing Sony Pictures.
There are two questions on everyone’s mind:
Will Salim Akil return as director? No word yet.
And will there be any connection to the first film (other than plot) with returning cast? Once again, no word yet. But Hunter is the original writer, so she’ll probably find a way to bring back some of the cast from the first film.
Nevertheless, fans can still be happy that a sequel is finally in pre-production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here