*Fans finally got what they wanted!
Sasheer Zamata, a strong and hilarious black female comedienne, is holding her own on “Saturday Night Live.”
She stepped foot into the role of Olivia Pope (“Scandal“) — impersonating the iconic TV character.
And she garnered a very funny lead role as it’s her first MAJOR performance on the show since making an on-air debut in January.
Zamata parodied Pope in a white pantsuit while in boss mode — ordering around her staff to do… well, what they do, fix problems.
And of course, her up-to-it team jumped right at it in a matter of seconds — thriving in their fast-paced environment. Everyone, but the new girl played Lena Dunham who constantly asked questions about the logistics and how to please the demanding Pope.
(Taram Killam) played the love interest of President Fitz — resulting in an exaggerated love scene with over-the-top facial expressions.
This led to Dunham’s character exclaiming, “Ok, that was the president of the United States how are you not texting 1,000 people right now?”
“He’s a problem,” Zamata explained. “I don’t need problems. I fix problems.”
After much controversy, Zamata became the first African-American female cast member to join SNL after many years of waiting!
But is Zamata coming for Kerry Washington‘s job?
Well, at least Washington has someone to fill in for her…
Watch the SNL spoof below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here