An African American Feature Film Giving Insight into Spirituality and Culture
*Director/Producer Roy Belfrey is currently in post production on a new feature film, “Matthew 18.”
The upcoming film release is both thought provoking and engaging in its story line as its theme centers around the subject of African American culture, what goes on in the grassroots of the church community and even within the households and fabric of the culture.
Matthew 18, the film, explores the spiritual world as it impacts the natural world in the format of a dramatic thriller.
The film addresses signs and omens that are prevalent amongst the cultural tales of the African American community. These signs and omens often influence cast members of the film to go down roads that they would never have traveled.
The story weaves around the journey of a main character with a strong will and self determination who challenges the spiritual belief system of her family as she pursues a medical degree.
“It is our goal to release a film that will touch on the power of storytelling, folktales and the cultural essence of superstition within the African American culture when interpreting events in our lives and equating the simplest things to signs and wonders. Sometimes what you interpret can be more menacing than what you see or hear.” says Roy Belfrey, Director/Producer of Matthew 18.
With this project, the director is bringing to life a unique psychological thriller that addresses the subject of good and evil as relates to addressing omens that are prevalent amongst the cultural tales of the African American community and how they impact the future.
AWJ Platinum PR
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here