*Fox today announced that super producer Timbaland has signed on as a songwriter and song producer on the upcoming Fox drama, “Empire,” reports Vulture.com.
Described as King Lear set within the world of hip-hop, Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star in the pilot, which was written by Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.
As previously reported, “Empire” centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner. She is a sexy, outrageous, over-the-top force who has spent 17 years of hard time in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Broadway’s ‘Shuffle Along’ to Close With Audra McDonald’s Maternity Exit
- Obama to Cavs Coach Tyronn Lue: "Tell J.R. and Everybody to Put On a Shirt" (Watch)
- Drunk Diner Leaves $1k Tip ... and Comes Back for it the Next Day
- Jennifer Hudson Fashioned a Necklace Out of Son's First Baby Tooth
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian To Marry Before Their Baby’s Oct Due Date (Report)
- BET Awards Adding Muhammad Ali Tribute; Stevie Wonder Joins Prince Salute
- 'Expired': My Son Was Recently Killed Execution Style
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here