*Fox today announced that super producer Timbaland has signed on as a songwriter and song producer on the upcoming Fox drama, “Empire,” reports Vulture.com.
Described as King Lear set within the world of hip-hop, Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star in the pilot, which was written by Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.
As previously reported, “Empire” centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner. She is a sexy, outrageous, over-the-top force who has spent 17 years of hard time in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here