*Fox today announced that super producer Timbaland has signed on as a songwriter and song producer on the upcoming Fox drama, “Empire,” reports Vulture.com.
Described as King Lear set within the world of hip-hop, Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star in the pilot, which was written by Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.
As previously reported, “Empire” centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner. She is a sexy, outrageous, over-the-top force who has spent 17 years of hard time in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here