*Fox today announced that super producer Timbaland has signed on as a songwriter and song producer on the upcoming Fox drama, “Empire,” reports Vulture.com.
Described as King Lear set within the world of hip-hop, Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson star in the pilot, which was written by Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.
As previously reported, “Empire” centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Henson plays Cookie Lyon, Lucious’ ex-wife and former business partner. She is a sexy, outrageous, over-the-top force who has spent 17 years of hard time in prison for dealing drugs – money she funneled directly to Lucious’ fledging music empire. Now she’s been released early for good behavior and she wants what’s hers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here