*Trai Byers (“All My Children”) and Grace Gealey have signed on as series regulars for Fox’s hip-hop themed drama pilot “Empire.”
The series stars Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Byers will play Andre, Lucious’ oldest son, described as a tall, brilliant and compelling individual with a dark side. Gealey will play Anika, the head of A&R for Empire and Lucious’ current lady friend.
The pair join recent hires Gabourey Sidibe, who will recur as Lucious’ hard-working assistant Becky, and Malik Yoba as his head longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now Empire Entertainment’s chairman of the board.
Taraji P Henson stars as Lucious’ ex wife and Jussie Smollett plays their gay middle son.
The pilot is from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here