*Trai Byers (“All My Children”) and Grace Gealey have signed on as series regulars for Fox’s hip-hop themed drama pilot “Empire.”
The series stars Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Byers will play Andre, Lucious’ oldest son, described as a tall, brilliant and compelling individual with a dark side. Gealey will play Anika, the head of A&R for Empire and Lucious’ current lady friend.
The pair join recent hires Gabourey Sidibe, who will recur as Lucious’ hard-working assistant Becky, and Malik Yoba as his head longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now Empire Entertainment’s chairman of the board.
Taraji P Henson stars as Lucious’ ex wife and Jussie Smollett plays their gay middle son.
The pilot is from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here