*Trai Byers (“All My Children”) and Grace Gealey have signed on as series regulars for Fox’s hip-hop themed drama pilot “Empire.”
The series stars Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Byers will play Andre, Lucious’ oldest son, described as a tall, brilliant and compelling individual with a dark side. Gealey will play Anika, the head of A&R for Empire and Lucious’ current lady friend.
The pair join recent hires Gabourey Sidibe, who will recur as Lucious’ hard-working assistant Becky, and Malik Yoba as his head longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now Empire Entertainment’s chairman of the board.
Taraji P Henson stars as Lucious’ ex wife and Jussie Smollett plays their gay middle son.
The pilot is from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here