*Trai Byers (“All My Children”) and Grace Gealey have signed on as series regulars for Fox’s hip-hop themed drama pilot “Empire.”
The series stars Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Byers will play Andre, Lucious’ oldest son, described as a tall, brilliant and compelling individual with a dark side. Gealey will play Anika, the head of A&R for Empire and Lucious’ current lady friend.
The pair join recent hires Gabourey Sidibe, who will recur as Lucious’ hard-working assistant Becky, and Malik Yoba as his head longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now Empire Entertainment’s chairman of the board.
Taraji P Henson stars as Lucious’ ex wife and Jussie Smollett plays their gay middle son.
The pilot is from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer.
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here