*Trai Byers (“All My Children”) and Grace Gealey have signed on as series regulars for Fox’s hip-hop themed drama pilot “Empire.”
The series stars Terrence Howard as Lucious Lyon, a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public.
Byers will play Andre, Lucious’ oldest son, described as a tall, brilliant and compelling individual with a dark side. Gealey will play Anika, the head of A&R for Empire and Lucious’ current lady friend.
The pair join recent hires Gabourey Sidibe, who will recur as Lucious’ hard-working assistant Becky, and Malik Yoba as his head longtime friend from the streets and business associate who is now Empire Entertainment’s chairman of the board.
Taraji P Henson stars as Lucious’ ex wife and Jussie Smollett plays their gay middle son.
The pilot is from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here