*Cynthia Williams is suing her doctor for a pregnancy she says never should have happened.
Williams, 40, and her husband, both carry the sickle cell trait and after having two kids – each born with sickle cell – the two decided against having more.
The sickle cell trait is a genetic abnormality that has the risk of causing a dangerous blood disorder in the future children of the affected parentage.
Cynthia thought she took the necessary precautions to ensure against future pregnancy; using the rhythm method of birth control. But in spite of this, her third child was born. The couple knew there was a 25 percent chance that the baby would have sickle cell disease, so they were relieved when she was born a carrier instead.
Back to birth control. This time, Cynthia tried taking the pill, but high blood pressure made it necessary for her to seek out more permanent measures; so she got her tubes tied. That should do it, right?
She would soon learn otherwise… Continue reading at EURThisNThat→
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here