*Cynthia Williams is suing her doctor for a pregnancy she says never should have happened.
Williams, 40, and her husband, both carry the sickle cell trait and after having two kids – each born with sickle cell – the two decided against having more.
The sickle cell trait is a genetic abnormality that has the risk of causing a dangerous blood disorder in the future children of the affected parentage.
Cynthia thought she took the necessary precautions to ensure against future pregnancy; using the rhythm method of birth control. But in spite of this, her third child was born. The couple knew there was a 25 percent chance that the baby would have sickle cell disease, so they were relieved when she was born a carrier instead.
Back to birth control. This time, Cynthia tried taking the pill, but high blood pressure made it necessary for her to seek out more permanent measures; so she got her tubes tied. That should do it, right?
She would soon learn otherwise… Continue reading at EURThisNThat→
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here