*Cynthia Williams is suing her doctor for a pregnancy she says never should have happened.
Williams, 40, and her husband, both carry the sickle cell trait and after having two kids – each born with sickle cell – the two decided against having more.
The sickle cell trait is a genetic abnormality that has the risk of causing a dangerous blood disorder in the future children of the affected parentage.
Cynthia thought she took the necessary precautions to ensure against future pregnancy; using the rhythm method of birth control. But in spite of this, her third child was born. The couple knew there was a 25 percent chance that the baby would have sickle cell disease, so they were relieved when she was born a carrier instead.
Back to birth control. This time, Cynthia tried taking the pill, but high blood pressure made it necessary for her to seek out more permanent measures; so she got her tubes tied. That should do it, right?
She would soon learn otherwise… Continue reading at EURThisNThat→
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here