*Cynthia Williams is suing her doctor for a pregnancy she says never should have happened.
Williams, 40, and her husband, both carry the sickle cell trait and after having two kids – each born with sickle cell – the two decided against having more.
The sickle cell trait is a genetic abnormality that has the risk of causing a dangerous blood disorder in the future children of the affected parentage.
Cynthia thought she took the necessary precautions to ensure against future pregnancy; using the rhythm method of birth control. But in spite of this, her third child was born. The couple knew there was a 25 percent chance that the baby would have sickle cell disease, so they were relieved when she was born a carrier instead.
Back to birth control. This time, Cynthia tried taking the pill, but high blood pressure made it necessary for her to seek out more permanent measures; so she got her tubes tied. That should do it, right?
She would soon learn otherwise… Continue reading at EURThisNThat→
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here