*(Via Newsy) – Not sure whether you should walk down the aisle? Well, a new study says getting married could be good for your heart.
After surveying 3.5 million women and men across the nation, researchers at NYU’s Langone Medical Center concluded that marriage lowers the risk of heart disease by 5 percent. (Via Wikimedia Commons / Luchoang nguyen)
The study also showed people who are widowed have a 3 percent higher chance of getting any vascular disease and for divorced people, a 5 percent higher chance. (Via New York University)
And apparently, marriage was most beneficial to those younger than 50. The study says married people in that age group had a 12 percent lower risk of heart problems. (Via Flickr / James Gordon)
Get MORE at Newsy.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here