*(Via Newsy) – Not sure whether you should walk down the aisle? Well, a new study says getting married could be good for your heart.
After surveying 3.5 million women and men across the nation, researchers at NYU’s Langone Medical Center concluded that marriage lowers the risk of heart disease by 5 percent. (Via Wikimedia Commons / Luchoang nguyen)
The study also showed people who are widowed have a 3 percent higher chance of getting any vascular disease and for divorced people, a 5 percent higher chance. (Via New York University)
And apparently, marriage was most beneficial to those younger than 50. The study says married people in that age group had a 12 percent lower risk of heart problems. (Via Flickr / James Gordon)
Get MORE at Newsy.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here