*(Via Newsy) – Not sure whether you should walk down the aisle? Well, a new study says getting married could be good for your heart.
After surveying 3.5 million women and men across the nation, researchers at NYU’s Langone Medical Center concluded that marriage lowers the risk of heart disease by 5 percent. (Via Wikimedia Commons / Luchoang nguyen)
The study also showed people who are widowed have a 3 percent higher chance of getting any vascular disease and for divorced people, a 5 percent higher chance. (Via New York University)
And apparently, marriage was most beneficial to those younger than 50. The study says married people in that age group had a 12 percent lower risk of heart problems. (Via Flickr / James Gordon)
Get MORE at Newsy.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here