*Looks like singer Anita Baker is playing a game of “turning the tables.”
Ms. Baker has responded to a lawsuit by a decorating company with one of her own.
Here’s what the Detroit Free Press is reporting:
Lawyers with Ray A. Smith Painting and Decorating “intended to put her in as embarrassing a light as possible” leading to a bench warrant for her arrest in the initial suit, which dates to 2011, said her lawyer, Jamal Hamood of Rochester. He said she had no idea the lawsuit existed until well after the case had been decided against her.
The 2011 lawsuit was scheduled for a hearing Friday in Wayne County Circuit Court, but it was postponed to April 25 because of a medical emergency involving the plaintiffs, Hamood said. The decorating company’s attorney, Daniel Gerow, didn’t respond to a request for comment by deadline.
Hamood said that at the hearing, he intends to ask to have the default set aside, giving Baker, 56, a chance to fight the lawsuit. He filed Baker’s lawsuit against the decorating company on April 15.
As we reported, the bench warrant was issued because Baker failed to appear at a creditor’s examination last September after she was subpoenaed in a case that alleges she failed to pay $15,351.41 for work done on her Grosse Pointe home, Gerow previously said.
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here