*Blues icon B.B. King has revealed he was off his diabetes medication earlier this month when he delivered a subpar concert performance in Missouri.
The guitarist, 88, left audience members at St. Louis’ Peabody Opera House disgruntled on April 4 after singing just eight complete songs and interrupting his set with musical snippets and long talks with the crowd, leading to cat calls and walkouts.
A rep for King has now opened up about the disappointing show, claiming the singer forgot to take his medication on the day of the performance and had been tired from a long bus trip from Las Vegas to St. Louis.
“Mr. King suffers from diabetes and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day,” the rep told TMZ. “Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America’s living blues legends and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here