*Blues icon B.B. King has revealed he was off his diabetes medication earlier this month when he delivered a subpar concert performance in Missouri.
The guitarist, 88, left audience members at St. Louis’ Peabody Opera House disgruntled on April 4 after singing just eight complete songs and interrupting his set with musical snippets and long talks with the crowd, leading to cat calls and walkouts.
A rep for King has now opened up about the disappointing show, claiming the singer forgot to take his medication on the day of the performance and had been tired from a long bus trip from Las Vegas to St. Louis.
“Mr. King suffers from diabetes and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day,” the rep told TMZ. “Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America’s living blues legends and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans.”
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here