*Blues icon B.B. King has revealed he was off his diabetes medication earlier this month when he delivered a subpar concert performance in Missouri.
The guitarist, 88, left audience members at St. Louis’ Peabody Opera House disgruntled on April 4 after singing just eight complete songs and interrupting his set with musical snippets and long talks with the crowd, leading to cat calls and walkouts.
A rep for King has now opened up about the disappointing show, claiming the singer forgot to take his medication on the day of the performance and had been tired from a long bus trip from Las Vegas to St. Louis.
“Mr. King suffers from diabetes and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day,” the rep told TMZ. “Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America’s living blues legends and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here