*Blues icon B.B. King has revealed he was off his diabetes medication earlier this month when he delivered a subpar concert performance in Missouri.
The guitarist, 88, left audience members at St. Louis’ Peabody Opera House disgruntled on April 4 after singing just eight complete songs and interrupting his set with musical snippets and long talks with the crowd, leading to cat calls and walkouts.
A rep for King has now opened up about the disappointing show, claiming the singer forgot to take his medication on the day of the performance and had been tired from a long bus trip from Las Vegas to St. Louis.
“Mr. King suffers from diabetes and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day,” the rep told TMZ. “Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America’s living blues legends and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here