*Blues icon B.B. King has revealed he was off his diabetes medication earlier this month when he delivered a subpar concert performance in Missouri.
The guitarist, 88, left audience members at St. Louis’ Peabody Opera House disgruntled on April 4 after singing just eight complete songs and interrupting his set with musical snippets and long talks with the crowd, leading to cat calls and walkouts.
A rep for King has now opened up about the disappointing show, claiming the singer forgot to take his medication on the day of the performance and had been tired from a long bus trip from Las Vegas to St. Louis.
“Mr. King suffers from diabetes and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day,” the rep told TMZ. “Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America’s living blues legends and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans.”
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here