*Beyoncé has popped up on the cover of Time magazine’s new 100 Most Influential People issue.
Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook and founder of LeanIn.org, wrote a tribute to the singer, praising her for “[raising] her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead.” Sandberg writes, “In the past year, Beyoncé has sold out the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour while being a full-time mother. Her secret: hard work, honesty and authenticity. And her answer to the question, ‘What would you do if you weren’t afraid?’ appears to be ‘Watch me. I’m about to do it.’ Then she adds, ‘You can, too.'”
Other nominees on the Time 100 list include singer/producer Pharrell Williams, “Scandal” star and mom-to-be Kerry Washington, Benedict Cumberbatch, “Late Night’s” Seth Meyers, Oscar nominee Amy Adams, Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey and pop star Miley Cyrus.
Jason Collins, the NBA’s first openly gay athlete, made the list as well, with a tribute written by Chelsea Clinton. The former First Daughter and mom-to-be calls her fellow Stanford alum “a leader and an inspiration,” lauding him for maintaining, above all else, a sense of “integrity.”
Pope Francis makes the list, too, with fellow honoree President Barack Obama praising His Holiness for “his message of love and inclusion” and having “inspired us all” by example.
The Time 100 list of influential people issue hits stands this Friday.
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here