*Beyoncé has popped up on the cover of Time magazine’s new 100 Most Influential People issue.
Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook and founder of LeanIn.org, wrote a tribute to the singer, praising her for “[raising] her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead.” Sandberg writes, “In the past year, Beyoncé has sold out the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour while being a full-time mother. Her secret: hard work, honesty and authenticity. And her answer to the question, ‘What would you do if you weren’t afraid?’ appears to be ‘Watch me. I’m about to do it.’ Then she adds, ‘You can, too.'”
Other nominees on the Time 100 list include singer/producer Pharrell Williams, “Scandal” star and mom-to-be Kerry Washington, Benedict Cumberbatch, “Late Night’s” Seth Meyers, Oscar nominee Amy Adams, Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey and pop star Miley Cyrus.
Jason Collins, the NBA’s first openly gay athlete, made the list as well, with a tribute written by Chelsea Clinton. The former First Daughter and mom-to-be calls her fellow Stanford alum “a leader and an inspiration,” lauding him for maintaining, above all else, a sense of “integrity.”
Pope Francis makes the list, too, with fellow honoree President Barack Obama praising His Holiness for “his message of love and inclusion” and having “inspired us all” by example.
The Time 100 list of influential people issue hits stands this Friday.
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here