*Beyoncé has popped up on the cover of Time magazine’s new 100 Most Influential People issue.
Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook and founder of LeanIn.org, wrote a tribute to the singer, praising her for “[raising] her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead.” Sandberg writes, “In the past year, Beyoncé has sold out the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour while being a full-time mother. Her secret: hard work, honesty and authenticity. And her answer to the question, ‘What would you do if you weren’t afraid?’ appears to be ‘Watch me. I’m about to do it.’ Then she adds, ‘You can, too.'”
Other nominees on the Time 100 list include singer/producer Pharrell Williams, “Scandal” star and mom-to-be Kerry Washington, Benedict Cumberbatch, “Late Night’s” Seth Meyers, Oscar nominee Amy Adams, Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey and pop star Miley Cyrus.
Jason Collins, the NBA’s first openly gay athlete, made the list as well, with a tribute written by Chelsea Clinton. The former First Daughter and mom-to-be calls her fellow Stanford alum “a leader and an inspiration,” lauding him for maintaining, above all else, a sense of “integrity.”
Pope Francis makes the list, too, with fellow honoree President Barack Obama praising His Holiness for “his message of love and inclusion” and having “inspired us all” by example.
The Time 100 list of influential people issue hits stands this Friday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here