*Beyoncé has popped up on the cover of Time magazine’s new 100 Most Influential People issue.
Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook and founder of LeanIn.org, wrote a tribute to the singer, praising her for “[raising] her voice both on- and offstage to urge women to be independent and lead.” Sandberg writes, “In the past year, Beyoncé has sold out the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour while being a full-time mother. Her secret: hard work, honesty and authenticity. And her answer to the question, ‘What would you do if you weren’t afraid?’ appears to be ‘Watch me. I’m about to do it.’ Then she adds, ‘You can, too.'”
Other nominees on the Time 100 list include singer/producer Pharrell Williams, “Scandal” star and mom-to-be Kerry Washington, Benedict Cumberbatch, “Late Night’s” Seth Meyers, Oscar nominee Amy Adams, Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey and pop star Miley Cyrus.
Jason Collins, the NBA’s first openly gay athlete, made the list as well, with a tribute written by Chelsea Clinton. The former First Daughter and mom-to-be calls her fellow Stanford alum “a leader and an inspiration,” lauding him for maintaining, above all else, a sense of “integrity.”
Pope Francis makes the list, too, with fellow honoree President Barack Obama praising His Holiness for “his message of love and inclusion” and having “inspired us all” by example.
The Time 100 list of influential people issue hits stands this Friday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here