*Joe Johnson’s chances of going to jail are set to become highly likely if he continues to flake out on his baby mama.
Court documents obtained by TMZ Sports reveal the Brooklyn Nets star was warned by a judge that if he continues to break the terms of his custody arrangement with Shannon Becton for his 6-year-old son it “may result in [Johnson’s] incarceration.”
The warning stems from claims made by Becton, who says Johnson is supposed to give her progress reports about how their son is doing in school and in his extracurricular activities when he’s in athlete’s custody. Despite the arrangement, Becton claims that Johnston isn’t holding up his end in light of him not keeping her in the loop.
“I am unaware of my child’s whereabouts, and [Joe] is interfering with me maintaining a healthy relationship with my son,” she claimed. Becton further stated that she only talks with her son “once a week if lucky and the boy is now being raised by a nanny since Mr. Johnson travels a lot.”
Apparently the final straw came when Johnson failed to honor the part of the custody arrangement where he agreed to pay for Becton to fly to New York City to visit their son.
Johnson was ultimately found in contempt of court for blowing off his obligation, thereby triggering the warning from the judge, according to the court documents.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here