According to NBC News, Ramsey has signed a book deal with Cleveland publishing house Gray & Co. to write a memoir. The book, which doesn’t have a title at this time, will describe the rescue of Gina Dejesus, Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry and Berry’s daughter from Castro’s home, where they had been imprisoned for about 10 years.
Castro was sentenced for the kidnapping on Aug. 1 to life plus 1,000 years. He hanged himself inside his cell on Sept. 3, 2013.
Ramsey gained national exposure for rescuing the young women and his unfiltered accounts during television interviews of the day he rescued the women in May. His resistance to the label of “hero” and refusal of giveaways resulted in endeared him even more in the eyes of the public.
In addition to the rescue, a press release from Gray and Co. stated that Ramsey’s memoir will detail the short time he spent living next door to atrocities he was unaware of and the instant fame that came his way after his heroic actions. Ramsey’s earlier years, including time he spent in prison, will also be featured, the publisher added.
Ramsey will coauthor the memoir with Randy Nyerges, a Senate speechwriter who has co-written a book with former Cleveland Browns defensive back Hanford Dixon. Since the beginning of December, the pair has been collaborating on the book, which is slated to be published in spring 2014. That timeframe falls in line with Knight’s memoir, which will be released around that time.
A book from Berry and DeJesus is set to arrive in stores in 2015. An interview with Ramsey on Cleveland’s local ABC affiliate can be seen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here