According to NBC News, Ramsey has signed a book deal with Cleveland publishing house Gray & Co. to write a memoir. The book, which doesn’t have a title at this time, will describe the rescue of Gina Dejesus, Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry and Berry’s daughter from Castro’s home, where they had been imprisoned for about 10 years.
Castro was sentenced for the kidnapping on Aug. 1 to life plus 1,000 years. He hanged himself inside his cell on Sept. 3, 2013.
Ramsey gained national exposure for rescuing the young women and his unfiltered accounts during television interviews of the day he rescued the women in May. His resistance to the label of “hero” and refusal of giveaways resulted in endeared him even more in the eyes of the public.
In addition to the rescue, a press release from Gray and Co. stated that Ramsey’s memoir will detail the short time he spent living next door to atrocities he was unaware of and the instant fame that came his way after his heroic actions. Ramsey’s earlier years, including time he spent in prison, will also be featured, the publisher added.
Ramsey will coauthor the memoir with Randy Nyerges, a Senate speechwriter who has co-written a book with former Cleveland Browns defensive back Hanford Dixon. Since the beginning of December, the pair has been collaborating on the book, which is slated to be published in spring 2014. That timeframe falls in line with Knight’s memoir, which will be released around that time.
A book from Berry and DeJesus is set to arrive in stores in 2015. An interview with Ramsey on Cleveland’s local ABC affiliate can be seen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here