*Chris Brown’s attorney has asked a Los Angeles judge to block an order that would transfer the jailed R&B singer to Washington, D.C., for his upcoming misdemeanor assault trial.
Brown is being held without bail and is due to go on trial on April 17 in the Nation’s Capital on the assault charge. Last week, a D.C. judge authorized U.S. marshals to transport Brown from Los Angeles for the trial.
The Grammy-winning singer’s lawyer Mark Geragos filed a motion Tuesday asking a judge to block that order and instead release Brown to his custody just before the trial date.
His motion states that Brown would lose the ability to confer with Geragos and prepare for the trial if he is transferred by marshals.
A hearing has been scheduled for Thursday on the motion.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here