*Chris Brown’s attorney has asked a Los Angeles judge to block an order that would transfer the jailed R&B singer to Washington, D.C., for his upcoming misdemeanor assault trial.
Brown is being held without bail and is due to go on trial on April 17 in the Nation’s Capital on the assault charge. Last week, a D.C. judge authorized U.S. marshals to transport Brown from Los Angeles for the trial.
The Grammy-winning singer’s lawyer Mark Geragos filed a motion Tuesday asking a judge to block that order and instead release Brown to his custody just before the trial date.
His motion states that Brown would lose the ability to confer with Geragos and prepare for the trial if he is transferred by marshals.
A hearing has been scheduled for Thursday on the motion.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here