*”Scandal” actor Columbus Short exclusively sent a statement to Tom Joyner’s website, BlackAmericaweb.com, to apologize after his “bizarre” interview last week on the Tom Joyner Morning Show went awry including his use of the “n” word. Through his publicist, Short issued a statement directed to Tom Joyner and the show.
The Tom Joyner Morning Show is syndicated and airs weekly on stations across the country from 6am – 10am ET.
The full statement is below:
My sincerest apologies for the confusion over my appearance on your show last Friday morning. I am a longtime supporter and admirer of The Tom Joyner Morning Show and I was looking forward to an opportunity to speak with you and your audience. Unfortunately, the early morning (approximately 5:45AM Pacific Time) following a late-night event had me at what some describe, less than my best.
To clarify a few of my statements:
1. I rarely use the “n” word and I could not have picked a worse time to do so. I deeply apologize for directing it towards you.
2. Regarding my statements about women being insecure, I am a strong believer and supporter of women and I am always amazed by all that our better halves accomplish. I come from a family of strong black women and I would never discredit or minimize their success.
I have the deepest respect for women, their strength and innate beauty. To suggest anything else was never my intent. I simply wanted to emphasize that women have no reason to feel that way and my song, “Gave Ya,” is meant to convey just that.
3. Lastly, just to clarify, I was not high, drunk or otherwise under the influence. I was simply exhausted. After a long day, the early call threw off my schedule. This was no excuse – you and those who support me deserved better.
Please accept my deepest apologies for any misunderstandings for that morning call. It would be an honor to appear on the TJMS in the future to set things right with your audience.”
You can listen to what’s being referred to as Columbus Shot’s “bizarre interview,” here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here