*“Scandal” star Columbus Short has been ordered to stay away from a man he reportedly assaulted during a bar fight last month.
The actor was charged with felony aggravated battery last month after turning himself in to authorities hours after a California judge issued a warrant for his arrest.
The incident went down at Gabe’s Bar and Grill in Los Angeles, where Short is accused of knocking a man unconscious and leaving him with a broken nose.
At a hearing today (April 14), prosecutors requested the restraining order to keep Short, who is free on $50,000 bail, away from his alleged victim. According to TMZ, the other man in the case is not interested in having the actor prosecuted and is instead seeking a civil settlement.
If convicted of the assault, Short faces up to four years behind bars.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here