*“Scandal” star Columbus Short has been ordered to stay away from a man he reportedly assaulted during a bar fight last month.
The actor was charged with felony aggravated battery last month after turning himself in to authorities hours after a California judge issued a warrant for his arrest.
The incident went down at Gabe’s Bar and Grill in Los Angeles, where Short is accused of knocking a man unconscious and leaving him with a broken nose.
At a hearing today (April 14), prosecutors requested the restraining order to keep Short, who is free on $50,000 bail, away from his alleged victim. According to TMZ, the other man in the case is not interested in having the actor prosecuted and is instead seeking a civil settlement.
If convicted of the assault, Short faces up to four years behind bars.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here