*Just days after the announcement of Columbus Short’s removal from ABC’s “Scandal,” comedian D.L. Hughley has stepped into some mess over comments he made regarding Short’s marital drama with estranged wife, Tuere Tanee Short.
During a recent segment on his Radio One program, “The D.L. Hughley Show,” the 51-year-old questioned the validity behind Short’s misdemeanor spousal battery charge, in which the actor reportedly choked his wife while she was sleeping.
“The star of one of the hottest dramas in the country, chokes the f*ck out of his wife? That doesn’t ever happen. I don’t think it happened first off. Like the time Warren Sapp was getting ready to do the Super Bowl and some broad said that he raped her. There are just as many examples of women lying on men in the middle of divorce proceedings to get what they want as there are men who actually do anything. My point is if he did what she’s alleging he did, she could still get all that she’s going to have and not bring it up now when it damages his market value that she’s going to be impacted by. If he loses that job nobody’s living in Calabasas anymore.”
“I guarantee you, three years from now she’s going to be thinking, ‘Damn, I should have shut the f*ck up…women always running out the mouth when they shouldn’t.’… This b**ch was thirsty. The b**ch was thirsty. What, she gone go back to dancing? She gone f*ck her money up?”
The audio clip, which has since been removed from the show’s hosting site, has drawn a hailstorm of criticism, prompting a Change.org petition, urging Hughley to publicly apologize for “endangering the lives of Black women who may be victims of domestic violence by encouraging them to remain silent.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here