*Just days after the announcement of Columbus Short’s removal from ABC’s “Scandal,” comedian D.L. Hughley has stepped into some mess over comments he made regarding Short’s marital drama with estranged wife, Tuere Tanee Short.
During a recent segment on his Radio One program, “The D.L. Hughley Show,” the 51-year-old questioned the validity behind Short’s misdemeanor spousal battery charge, in which the actor reportedly choked his wife while she was sleeping.
“The star of one of the hottest dramas in the country, chokes the f*ck out of his wife? That doesn’t ever happen. I don’t think it happened first off. Like the time Warren Sapp was getting ready to do the Super Bowl and some broad said that he raped her. There are just as many examples of women lying on men in the middle of divorce proceedings to get what they want as there are men who actually do anything. My point is if he did what she’s alleging he did, she could still get all that she’s going to have and not bring it up now when it damages his market value that she’s going to be impacted by. If he loses that job nobody’s living in Calabasas anymore.”
“I guarantee you, three years from now she’s going to be thinking, ‘Damn, I should have shut the f*ck up…women always running out the mouth when they shouldn’t.’… This b**ch was thirsty. The b**ch was thirsty. What, she gone go back to dancing? She gone f*ck her money up?”
The audio clip, which has since been removed from the show’s hosting site, has drawn a hailstorm of criticism, prompting a Change.org petition, urging Hughley to publicly apologize for “endangering the lives of Black women who may be victims of domestic violence by encouraging them to remain silent.”
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here