*Back for its eighth year, the McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour sets out May 22 and runs through July 25 with Erica Campbell and comedian Jonathan Slocumb serving as hosts.
Also on the roster are three-time 2014 Stellar Award-winners Anthony Brown & Group TherAPy, the renowned Mississippi Mass Choir, gospel’s latest hip-hop sensation Uncle Reece, organist Moses Tyson, Jr. and the powerful Kurt Carr & The Kurt Carr Singers.
“I am so thankful and honored to be chosen not only to host the tour, but to perform alongside other gospel greats,” stated Campbell, also one-half of sister duo Mary Mary. “The tour will definitely be filled with uplifting music, laughter and an overall good time for everyone.”
The free summer concert series will make stops in 12 markets, including: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Greensboro, Jackson, Los Angeles, Memphis, Oakland, Philadelphia, Raleigh and Washington, D.C. [Scroll down for dates.]
McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour will again focus on the importance of giving back to the community by supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities, the company’s Mission Partner.
Gospel music fans can visit www.365Black.com to obtain tickets. Tour dates and locations include:
May 22 – Philadelphia, Mount Airy COGIC
May 23 – Washington, D.C., Ebenezer AME Church
*June 5 – Charlotte, The Park Church
June 6 – Raleigh, Wake Chapel Church
*June 7 – Greensboro, Mount Zion Baptist Church
June 19 – Jackson, Greater Bethlehem Temple Church
June 20 – Memphis, New Salem Baptist Church
June 27 – Detroit, Greater Grace Temple
June 28 – Chicago, Chicago Gospel Music Festival – Ellis Park
July 9 – Atlanta, Full Gospel Baptist Conference – Georgia World Congress Center
July 24 – Los Angeles, City of Refuge Church
July 25 – Oakland, Craneway Pavilion
– The asterisk (*) indicates that only Erica Campbell and Anthony Brown & Group TherAPy will perform at that location.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here