*In an article for Psychology Today, doctor Pamela Rutledge says that taking selfies can be detrimental to a person’s mental health and that indulging in them is indicative of narcissism, low self esteem, attention seeking behavior and self-indulgence.
We all take ‘em, and you only need to click on FaceBook to see just how popular taking a selfie (you taking a photo of yourself) is.
Let’s face it, we feel beautiful after a facial, new hair style, successful work out, and we want to share it with the world.
Look at me! I feel gorgeous…
But now experts claim that the trend of taking pictures of yourself could cause narcissism, addiction, mental illness and even suicide.
Yes. This is the claim as suggested by expert opinions surrounding the phenomenon. And one man diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder says he grew suicidal due to his selfie addiction.
Get the FULL story at EURthisNthat.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here