*In an article for Psychology Today, doctor Pamela Rutledge says that taking selfies can be detrimental to a person’s mental health and that indulging in them is indicative of narcissism, low self esteem, attention seeking behavior and self-indulgence.
We all take ‘em, and you only need to click on FaceBook to see just how popular taking a selfie (you taking a photo of yourself) is.
Let’s face it, we feel beautiful after a facial, new hair style, successful work out, and we want to share it with the world.
Look at me! I feel gorgeous…
But now experts claim that the trend of taking pictures of yourself could cause narcissism, addiction, mental illness and even suicide.
Yes. This is the claim as suggested by expert opinions surrounding the phenomenon. And one man diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder says he grew suicidal due to his selfie addiction.
Get the FULL story at EURthisNthat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here