*In an article for Psychology Today, doctor Pamela Rutledge says that taking selfies can be detrimental to a person’s mental health and that indulging in them is indicative of narcissism, low self esteem, attention seeking behavior and self-indulgence.
We all take ‘em, and you only need to click on FaceBook to see just how popular taking a selfie (you taking a photo of yourself) is.
Let’s face it, we feel beautiful after a facial, new hair style, successful work out, and we want to share it with the world.
Look at me! I feel gorgeous…
But now experts claim that the trend of taking pictures of yourself could cause narcissism, addiction, mental illness and even suicide.
Yes. This is the claim as suggested by expert opinions surrounding the phenomenon. And one man diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder says he grew suicidal due to his selfie addiction.
Get the FULL story at EURthisNthat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here