*In an article for Psychology Today, doctor Pamela Rutledge says that taking selfies can be detrimental to a person’s mental health and that indulging in them is indicative of narcissism, low self esteem, attention seeking behavior and self-indulgence.
We all take ‘em, and you only need to click on FaceBook to see just how popular taking a selfie (you taking a photo of yourself) is.
Let’s face it, we feel beautiful after a facial, new hair style, successful work out, and we want to share it with the world.
Look at me! I feel gorgeous…
But now experts claim that the trend of taking pictures of yourself could cause narcissism, addiction, mental illness and even suicide.
Yes. This is the claim as suggested by expert opinions surrounding the phenomenon. And one man diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder says he grew suicidal due to his selfie addiction.
Get the FULL story at EURthisNthat.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here