*Gabby Douglas is gearing up for the 2016 Olympics in Rio after becoming a breakout (winning) star in 2012.
Since then, she produced a Lifetime movie about her rise to Olympics success and became quite the celebrity.
But none of that will get in the way of her training for another shot at gold medal glory.
She teamed back up with trainer Liang Chow at his gym in West Des Moines, Iowa.
“Coming back was just very exciting. I definitely missed my team sisters.”
This came after executive producing her own biopic, making countless TV appearances, walking many red carpets and authoring books.
She left her training base in Iowa to move to LA and be closer to her family last summer.
But eight months later, she’s back!
“I was a little bit nervous before I saw her, because there were so many questions,” Chow said. “I feel like I know what I’m doing and what we need to do for the next steps.”
But Douglas’ “main goal and focus” is the 2016 Olympics.
Douglas Talks with theGrio about her Plans for 2016 Olympics:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here