*George Clooney cursed out, then, walked out on his friend, Las Vegas hotel magnate Steve Wynn, when he started trashing President Barack Obama.
According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, the whole thing went down two weeks ago during a dinner in Vegas, where the actor, 52, and mogul, 72, got into a heated argument over politics, specifically, President Obama.
“He called the president an asshole … that is a fact … I said the president was my longtime friend and then he said ‘your friend is an asshole.’ … At that point I told Steve that HE was an asshole and I wasn’t going to sit at his table while he was being such a jackass,” Clooney told the newspaper in an email sent via his publicist.
But according to the actor, who claims he left immediately following the altercation, it wasn’t Wynn’s political beliefs that disgusted him so. “It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with character,” Clooney added.
Clooney was in Las Vegas to promote his Casamigos tequila during the Wine &Spirits Wholesalers of America convention. The star and his Casamigos business partners Rande Gerber and Michael Meldman had joined Wynn and a group that included Wynn’s wife, Andrea Hissom, Larry Ruvo, founder of Southern Wine &Spirits, and two executives with celebrity powerhouse Creative Artists Agency.
Dinner had ended, and “the place was empty,” Wynn said.
Clooney took exception, Wynn said, when one of the CAA execs told a joke about former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev.
“He stood up and threw a hissy fit” at the CAA guy, Wynn said in a telephone interview, his first comments on the dust-up.
“Then he sat down and started talking about the Affordable Care Act, and that’s when I spoke up,” said Wynn, a frequent critic of Obamacare. “He didn’t like that either. I think my discussion about the Affordable Care Act was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
“When he’s drinking, he considers himself a close personal buddy of the president.
“He got up and said, ‘I don’t have to listen to this (expletive) stuff. The only person who got excited at the table was George, and he ran off to another bar.”
Clooney’s partners were “mortified,” Wynn said.
“Clooney’s fun to be with when he’s sober,” Wynn added. “If you have a chance to drink with him, you want to get there early, and don’t stay late.
“Everybody who’s in my business, the casino business, knows to take actors with a grain of salt.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here