*Tuesday’s announcement that former Howard University student Sean “Diddy” Combs will be the commencement speaker this year was met with opposition from students who don’t believe he deserves the honor.
The backlash stems from Diddy having dropped out of the school in 1990 to intern at Uptown Records. According to TMZ, many students feel he isn’t a worthy role model.
But Howard is standing firm with its decision to have him speak, joining such prestigious past Howard commencement speakers as Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, and Maya Angelou.
A rep for the school tells TMZ, “Howard University continues the tradition of identifying leaders whose work has clearly contributed to the advancement of their fields and the world … We are honored to have Mr. Combs serve as our speaker.”
Diddy was a business major when he left Howard after two years.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here