*Tuesday’s announcement that former Howard University student Sean “Diddy” Combs will be the commencement speaker this year was met with opposition from students who don’t believe he deserves the honor.
The backlash stems from Diddy having dropped out of the school in 1990 to intern at Uptown Records. According to TMZ, many students feel he isn’t a worthy role model.
But Howard is standing firm with its decision to have him speak, joining such prestigious past Howard commencement speakers as Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, and Maya Angelou.
A rep for the school tells TMZ, “Howard University continues the tradition of identifying leaders whose work has clearly contributed to the advancement of their fields and the world … We are honored to have Mr. Combs serve as our speaker.”
Diddy was a business major when he left Howard after two years.
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here