*“Ride Along” arrives on DVD and Blu-ray this week, giving viewers the ability to judge for themselves whether stars Ice Cube and Kevin Hart “was robbed” at the MTV Movie Awards.
DVD extras include a director’s commentary from Tim Story, a gag reel and a locations tour, while Blu-ray goodies include all of that, plus an alternate ending, deleted scenes and featurettes.
Cube gave the DVD release some free publicity when he said he and Hart should’ve won for Best Onscreen Duo over “Fast & Furious 6’s” Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker. Cube’s comments to USA Today made headlines because he said Walker got the “sympathy vote.”
Whether he did or not matters little in the long game. Hollywood could care less about an MTV Movie Award. Studios live and die by the box office, and “Ride Along’s” release broke records for a January debut, grossing $41 million over its opening weekend. The film topped the U.S. box office for three consecutive cycles and earned $149 million worldwide – a rare feat considering “urban” movies don’t f traditionally are well overseas.
Universal hurried up and announced “Ride Along 2,” but in the meantime, Cube is hoping the original’s DVD/Blu-Ray release will be just as successful.
Below, the former NWA member and Kevin Hart talk about their favorite scenes in “Ride Along.” [Warning, NSFW language]
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here