*“Ride Along” arrives on DVD and Blu-ray this week, giving viewers the ability to judge for themselves whether stars Ice Cube and Kevin Hart “was robbed” at the MTV Movie Awards.
DVD extras include a director’s commentary from Tim Story, a gag reel and a locations tour, while Blu-ray goodies include all of that, plus an alternate ending, deleted scenes and featurettes.
Cube gave the DVD release some free publicity when he said he and Hart should’ve won for Best Onscreen Duo over “Fast & Furious 6’s” Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker. Cube’s comments to USA Today made headlines because he said Walker got the “sympathy vote.”
Whether he did or not matters little in the long game. Hollywood could care less about an MTV Movie Award. Studios live and die by the box office, and “Ride Along’s” release broke records for a January debut, grossing $41 million over its opening weekend. The film topped the U.S. box office for three consecutive cycles and earned $149 million worldwide – a rare feat considering “urban” movies don’t f traditionally are well overseas.
Universal hurried up and announced “Ride Along 2,” but in the meantime, Cube is hoping the original’s DVD/Blu-Ray release will be just as successful.
Below, the former NWA member and Kevin Hart talk about their favorite scenes in “Ride Along.” [Warning, NSFW language]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here