*Ice Cube is firing back at folks who took issue with his comments about losing a category to Paul Walker at Sunday’s MTV Movie Awards.
As previously reported, he said he bounced from the ceremony after learning that he and his “Ride Along” co-star Kevin Hart had lost the Best Onscreen Duo category to Vin Diesel and the late Paul Walker of “Fast & Furious 6.” Cube said the category, voted on by fans, went to Walker in a “sympathy” vote.
“We was robbed,” Cube told USA Today. “Shame on you, MTV. We had the best chemistry of everybody nominated. For us not to win was crazy. We were the best on-screen duo, period. They should have gave it to [Walker] before he passed away.”
Accused of being a sore loser amid a massive Internet backlash, Cube took to Twitter to defend himself and explain his comments.
“Re: The MTV Awards. I wasn’t really mad we didn’t win. So I would never diss the actors who won. Not even Paul Walker. Seriously people!” he wrote. “Don’t believe the hype.”
He continued, “Re: Leaving early from the MTV Awards. They told me our category wasn’t gonna be televised. So I left. Just promoting that RIDE ALONG DVD.”
“Re: The sympathy vote: We should honor people before they die. That’s all. Shame on you ‘make something out of nothing’ ass reporters. Smh,” he tweeted before “Re: MTV Awards. Ice Cube is not a sore loser. I was born losing. This winning s**t is what I gotta get use to.
“Last tweet and I’mma leave it alone. Remember this: A lie travels further then the truth. Damn the devil is busy.”
“”And Paul Walker fans don’t trip. I was a fan too,” said Ice Cube before finishing off his missive with “If you can take a joke, Grab RIDE ALONG on DVD today! If not, go to the MTV Movie Awards or something…lol.”
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here