*Jamie Foxx is reportedly attempting to reconcile with his biological parents who abandoned him more than four decades ago.
Foxx, born Eric Marlon Bishop, was left in the care of his mother’s foster parents when he was seven months old and struggled to understand why his parents did not make contact with him as he grew up.
The Oscar winner is now trying to build bridges with his parents and has even moved his mother, Louise, into his home in an effort to forge a relationship with her.
“We’re trying to learn (about) each other,” he tells Britain’s The Sunday Times Magazine. “The one thing I think is great is she’s in the same house, because you realize certain things that you missed when you were growing up, like, ‘Oh, I do that because of that,’ or, ‘Oh, I do this because of that.’ It’s profound.”
Attempts to reconcile with his father, who has since converted to Islam, haven’t gone as well, but Foxx remains hopeful.
“Fingers crossed, it will become a real thing,” he says. “But the door is open. That’s one thing I’ve learned: always keep the door and your heart open… I don’t hold a lot of grudges… But it’s tough, you know? Because there are questions, like, ‘What happened? Where were you? Were you stricken with something? Could you not make it?’ Growing up, I would always go, man… I’m a good dude. I wasn’t the kid getting in trouble. I was quarterback on the high school football team. And he only lived 28 miles away. So I always said to myself, you know, I’m gonna grade him a little harder for that, because he could have tried.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here