*Jamie Foxx is reportedly attempting to reconcile with his biological parents who abandoned him more than four decades ago.
Foxx, born Eric Marlon Bishop, was left in the care of his mother’s foster parents when he was seven months old and struggled to understand why his parents did not make contact with him as he grew up.
The Oscar winner is now trying to build bridges with his parents and has even moved his mother, Louise, into his home in an effort to forge a relationship with her.
“We’re trying to learn (about) each other,” he tells Britain’s The Sunday Times Magazine. “The one thing I think is great is she’s in the same house, because you realize certain things that you missed when you were growing up, like, ‘Oh, I do that because of that,’ or, ‘Oh, I do this because of that.’ It’s profound.”
Attempts to reconcile with his father, who has since converted to Islam, haven’t gone as well, but Foxx remains hopeful.
“Fingers crossed, it will become a real thing,” he says. “But the door is open. That’s one thing I’ve learned: always keep the door and your heart open… I don’t hold a lot of grudges… But it’s tough, you know? Because there are questions, like, ‘What happened? Where were you? Were you stricken with something? Could you not make it?’ Growing up, I would always go, man… I’m a good dude. I wasn’t the kid getting in trouble. I was quarterback on the high school football team. And he only lived 28 miles away. So I always said to myself, you know, I’m gonna grade him a little harder for that, because he could have tried.”
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here