The play stars Kandi Burruss as a member of a girl group who goes through the ups and downs of the music industry while balancing her personal turmoil with the differences between her mother and new love.
In addition to Burruss, “A Mother’s Love” features Eddie Levert, Chandra Currelly, Shirley Murdock, Q Parker and D. Woods. Burruss’ “Real Housewives of Atlanta” castmate, Porsha Williams makes, her acting debut in the production, which also includes social media personality Funky Dineva and V103 DJ L-Breezy.
The DVD release of “A Mother’s Love” comes after the play’s successful run at the Rialto Center for the Arts in Atlanta from Nov. 22, 2013 to Nov. 24, 2013.
“Though things are exaggerated, the musical will give you a glimpse of my life,” Burruss said in a press release. “Writing both the music and stage play for ‘A Mother’s Love’ was therapy for me in many ways and allowed me to unload a lot of emotions.”
In addition to the DVD, an 18-song soundtrack to “A Mother’s Love” will be released. Co-written and executive-produce by Burruss’ Kandi Offers Eargasms For All, the project will feature Q. Parker’s “Shouldn’t Have A Say.” The tune, which serves as the album’s first single, does double duty as Tucker uses it to voice his feelings about all that has been portrayed about his life on “RHOA.”
The “A Mother’s Love” soundtrack is available now for pre-sale on iTunes. The DVD of the musical and soundtrack will be released together on Kandionline.com on Tuesday, April 8.
The following is the tracklisting for the “A Mother’s Love” soundtrack:
1. “Legs, Hips, Body” – Kandi, Porsha Williams, D. Woods and Funkydineva
2. “I’m Gonna Be Here” – Olrick Johnson, Sean Baker, and Zuri Craig
3. “Second Thoughts (Interlude)” – Kandi
4. “Shouldn’t Have A Say” – Q. Parker
5. “People In the Streets” – Shirley Murdock, Adrienne Reynolds and Chandra Currelley
6. “Ain’t Nobody Coming Between Us” – Kandi, Porsha Williams, and D. Woods
7. “Forever Love” – Q. Parker and Kandi
8. “You Cut Me Deep” – Kandi
9. “I’m So Sweet (Interlude)” – Adrienne Reynolds
10. “Forget You Pay Me” – Shirley Murdock, Adrienne Reynolds, and Chandra Currelley
11. “Used To Bee’s (Interlude)” – Kandi, Porsha Williams, D. Woods
12. “Watch Over Me” – Porsha Williams
13. “Let Them Love” – Chandra Currelley
14. “Something’s Got To Change” – Eddie Levert, Shirley Murdock, Brandin Jay, Q. Parker, and Adrienne Reynolds
15. “Now & Then”- Eddie Levert and Shirley Murdock
16. “Should Have Listen” – Kandi, Q. Parker, Shirley Murdock
17. “A Mother’s Love” – Shirley Murdock
18. “We All Need Love” – Kandi, D. Woods, Zuri Craig, Q. Parker, Eddie Levert, Shirley Murdock, and Adrienne Reynolds
To see the trailer for “A Mother’s Love,” check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here