*Kenya Moore says she’s seriously considering leaving “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” after her televised beatdown at the hands of Porsha Williams.
“We all agree that we don’t condone violence,” Moore said in an interview with the Associated Press on Monday. “We’ve become angry with each other, we’ve threatened each other and gone to the edge. But at the end of the day, we know there’s a line. If there are no consequences, then where does it end?”
Williams surrendered last week to authorities and was charged with a misdemeanor charge of battery for the fight, which aired Sunday night as part of the Bravo show’s reunion special.
After their arguing escalated throughout the special, Williams grabbed Moore’s hair, yanked her to the ground and dragged her across the floor. On the show, Williams said she “blacked out” but was regretful about the fight.
“I think Porsha was in a position to provoke me,” Moore told the AP Monday.
Moore said Williams should have been better prepared for the reunion show, which typically brings up past feuds and confrontations between cast members from previous episodes.
“If anyone is capable of blacking out and not taking responsibility for their actions, they should not be in this type of environment,” she said. “They do not need a stage such as this.”
Moore, an actress and former Miss USA, said the decision is up to the producers on whether Williams returns to the show. Bravo has not commented on the incident and has not addressed who will be back for the next season.
Williams’ attorney, Joe Habachy, said in an emailed statement last week that the battery claim against his client is unfounded and that Williams looks forward to clearing her name. Habachy said Williams plans to contest the charge and file aggravated assault charges against Moore.
Moore said she still hasn’t spoken with Williams since the incident.
“She is a granddaughter of a civil rights leader,” Moore said of Williams, whose grandfather was the late Hosea Williams. “She does not have the tools to navigate this process. It’s just very unfortunate and sad. If I was in her position, the first thing I would do is apologize.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here