*Retired NFL star Keyshawn Johnson was taken into custody this morning on suspicion of domestic violence.
His arrest followed an alleged altercation with his ex-girlfriend at his Calabasas, Calif. home. The former wide receiver was booked for misdemeanor domestic battery and was released on $20,000 bail, according to TMZ.
Keyshawn was involved in a fight with his ex-girlfriend when things allegedly got physical, according to law enforcement sources cited by TMZ. Sources say he smashed her phone, causing a gash to her hand.
Sources add that the two had an up-and-down relationship and were arguing over marriage.
Johnson, an NFL commentator on ESPN, hit headlines last year after ranting about his former neighbor Justin Bieber’s antics in the gated community. They have both since moved out. Johnson sold his home to Kourtney Kardashian in August, while Bieber sold his mansion to her sister Khloe last month.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here