*Michael Strahan has add yet another TV gig to his busy schedule.
The co-host of ABC’s “Live! With Kelly and Michael” and NFL on Fox analyst during the football season is now a member of the “Good Morning America” family.
ABC sources confirm that the former New York Giants linebacker will appear during the 7 o’clock hour. He’s been in negotiations with network execs for months, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “And sources stress that he will not replace any of the current GMA anchors; he’s expected to appear often, though not five days a week.
The addition of Strahan balances out GMA’s very recent gender imbalance created by the abrupt departure of news anchor Josh Elliott. Sam Champion, the show’s weather anchor, left last December for the weather channel. This week, George Stephanopoulos has been the sole male anchor among four female co-anchors.
Elliott informed ABC News executives on Sunday night that he would depart for a deal at NBC Sports. NBC Sports is expected to make Elliott’s addition to the sports division official Wednesday during a conference call with NBC Sports chairman Mark Lazarus.
Strahan, a former New York Giants defensive end who continues to work as an analyst for Fox NFL Sunday, was something of a surprise pick to replace Regis Philbin alongside Kelly Ripa on the long-running, highly-rated ABC program. But he has proved capable in the daytime arena and appealing to the core female demographic that make up the bulk of morning television viewers.
Strahan’s GMA position “is not expected to change on the Fox NFL Sunday pregame show,” a FOX Sports representative told THR.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here