*Not long after David Letterman announced his retirement in 2015 on Thursday, reactions from fellow talk show hosts, as well as the White House, were swift.
Arsenio Hall, on his show last night, joked Letterman’s planned exit, coming right behind Jay Leno’s departure from “The Tonight Show,” was by design.
President Obama weighed in via Twitter:
Seth Meyers, who currently hosts NBC “Late Night,” the show Letterman created before moving to CBS, noted on the show that he would not be there without Dave:
NBC’s current “Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon, who formerly held the “Late Night” spot, stated: “Dave’s the greatest. One of the true innovators in TV history. He’s made all of us better.”
ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel – who last month told TV Guide “I’d definitely consider it” when asked if he would replace Letterman at CBS, adding, “I am loyal to ABC and grateful to them for giving me a shot. I was a guy from The Man Show when they put me on. I’m not looking to flee. But just getting a call from Dave would be big for me. So it’s definitely something I would listen to” — tweeted:
David @Letterman is the best there is and ever was.
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) April 3, 2014
Ellen DeGeneres also commented via Twitter:
David @Letterman announced he’s retiring in 2015. It’s been 31 incredible years. Television won’t be the same without you, Dave.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) April 3, 2014
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here