*Not long after David Letterman announced his retirement in 2015 on Thursday, reactions from fellow talk show hosts, as well as the White House, were swift.
Arsenio Hall, on his show last night, joked Letterman’s planned exit, coming right behind Jay Leno’s departure from “The Tonight Show,” was by design.
President Obama weighed in via Twitter:
Seth Meyers, who currently hosts NBC “Late Night,” the show Letterman created before moving to CBS, noted on the show that he would not be there without Dave:
NBC’s current “Tonight Show” host Jimmy Fallon, who formerly held the “Late Night” spot, stated: “Dave’s the greatest. One of the true innovators in TV history. He’s made all of us better.”
ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel – who last month told TV Guide “I’d definitely consider it” when asked if he would replace Letterman at CBS, adding, “I am loyal to ABC and grateful to them for giving me a shot. I was a guy from The Man Show when they put me on. I’m not looking to flee. But just getting a call from Dave would be big for me. So it’s definitely something I would listen to” — tweeted:
David @Letterman is the best there is and ever was.
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) April 3, 2014
Ellen DeGeneres also commented via Twitter:
David @Letterman announced he’s retiring in 2015. It’s been 31 incredible years. Television won’t be the same without you, Dave.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) April 3, 2014
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here