*Per a judge’s recommendation, Oprah Winfrey will give her former stepmother, Barbara Winfrey, 60 days to leave the $1.4 million Williamson County, Tennessee estate owned by the TV mogul.
Barbara, who is divorced from Oprah’s father Vernon, refused to leave the home on Willowbooke Circle in Laurelbrooke, which O had purchased for her father and Barbara after they married in 2001.
She had faced eviction within 10 days, but during a March 31 eviction hearing, General Sessions Court Judge Ernie Williams’ suggested she be given more time.
“The court is certainly aware of your situation,” Williams told Barbara. “I’m trying to do what I can for you, OK?”
Barbara and Vernon’s relationship fell apart two years ago and Vernon filed for divorce. The house was kept in the name of the limited liability company Overground Railroad, started by Oprah, reports USA Today.
Oprah then offered Barbara her former house “free and clear” to live in, but Barbara refused the deal because, she said, it required her to sign a non-disclosure agreement with her former stepdaughter.
“As part of the divorce proceedings, Barbara Winfrey was offered the Chateaue Valley home free and clear to live with her family and she chose not to accept it,” a spokesperson for Oprah told Radar.
“The next offer was to sell the residence on Willowbooke Circle and split the proceeds equally, which she also turned down. After several requests to voluntarily vacate the property at Willowbrooke Circle, the appropriate paperwork has been filed to have her vacate the property. A 60 day extension has been granted.”
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here