*Per a judge’s recommendation, Oprah Winfrey will give her former stepmother, Barbara Winfrey, 60 days to leave the $1.4 million Williamson County, Tennessee estate owned by the TV mogul.
Barbara, who is divorced from Oprah’s father Vernon, refused to leave the home on Willowbooke Circle in Laurelbrooke, which O had purchased for her father and Barbara after they married in 2001.
She had faced eviction within 10 days, but during a March 31 eviction hearing, General Sessions Court Judge Ernie Williams’ suggested she be given more time.
“The court is certainly aware of your situation,” Williams told Barbara. “I’m trying to do what I can for you, OK?”
Barbara and Vernon’s relationship fell apart two years ago and Vernon filed for divorce. The house was kept in the name of the limited liability company Overground Railroad, started by Oprah, reports USA Today.
Oprah then offered Barbara her former house “free and clear” to live in, but Barbara refused the deal because, she said, it required her to sign a non-disclosure agreement with her former stepdaughter.
“As part of the divorce proceedings, Barbara Winfrey was offered the Chateaue Valley home free and clear to live with her family and she chose not to accept it,” a spokesperson for Oprah told Radar.
“The next offer was to sell the residence on Willowbooke Circle and split the proceeds equally, which she also turned down. After several requests to voluntarily vacate the property at Willowbrooke Circle, the appropriate paperwork has been filed to have her vacate the property. A 60 day extension has been granted.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here