*Per a judge’s recommendation, Oprah Winfrey will give her former stepmother, Barbara Winfrey, 60 days to leave the $1.4 million Williamson County, Tennessee estate owned by the TV mogul.
Barbara, who is divorced from Oprah’s father Vernon, refused to leave the home on Willowbooke Circle in Laurelbrooke, which O had purchased for her father and Barbara after they married in 2001.
She had faced eviction within 10 days, but during a March 31 eviction hearing, General Sessions Court Judge Ernie Williams’ suggested she be given more time.
“The court is certainly aware of your situation,” Williams told Barbara. “I’m trying to do what I can for you, OK?”
Barbara and Vernon’s relationship fell apart two years ago and Vernon filed for divorce. The house was kept in the name of the limited liability company Overground Railroad, started by Oprah, reports USA Today.
Oprah then offered Barbara her former house “free and clear” to live in, but Barbara refused the deal because, she said, it required her to sign a non-disclosure agreement with her former stepdaughter.
“As part of the divorce proceedings, Barbara Winfrey was offered the Chateaue Valley home free and clear to live with her family and she chose not to accept it,” a spokesperson for Oprah told Radar.
“The next offer was to sell the residence on Willowbooke Circle and split the proceeds equally, which she also turned down. After several requests to voluntarily vacate the property at Willowbrooke Circle, the appropriate paperwork has been filed to have her vacate the property. A 60 day extension has been granted.”
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here