*The lineup of vocal talent keeps coming for new Tony Award-nominated “After Midnight.”
Producers of the show that celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club announced that Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight and Natalie Cole will take turns as special guest stars this summer.
LaBelle will play performances from June 10-29, Knight takes July 8- Aug. 3, and Cole will appear from Aug. 5-31 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
Each will offer their own take on the songs “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love,” ”Stormy Weather,” ”On the Sunny Side of the Street” and “Zaz Zuh Zaz.”
The show earned seven Tony nods on Tuesday, including one for best musical.
Past stars of the show include Fantasia Barrino, Toni Braxton, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Vanessa Williams and k.d. lang. View clips below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here