*The lineup of vocal talent keeps coming for new Tony Award-nominated “After Midnight.”
Producers of the show that celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club announced that Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight and Natalie Cole will take turns as special guest stars this summer.
LaBelle will play performances from June 10-29, Knight takes July 8- Aug. 3, and Cole will appear from Aug. 5-31 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
Each will offer their own take on the songs “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love,” ”Stormy Weather,” ”On the Sunny Side of the Street” and “Zaz Zuh Zaz.”
The show earned seven Tony nods on Tuesday, including one for best musical.
Past stars of the show include Fantasia Barrino, Toni Braxton, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Vanessa Williams and k.d. lang. View clips below.
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here