*The lineup of vocal talent keeps coming for new Tony Award-nominated “After Midnight.”
Producers of the show that celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club announced that Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight and Natalie Cole will take turns as special guest stars this summer.
LaBelle will play performances from June 10-29, Knight takes July 8- Aug. 3, and Cole will appear from Aug. 5-31 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
Each will offer their own take on the songs “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love,” ”Stormy Weather,” ”On the Sunny Side of the Street” and “Zaz Zuh Zaz.”
The show earned seven Tony nods on Tuesday, including one for best musical.
Past stars of the show include Fantasia Barrino, Toni Braxton, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Vanessa Williams and k.d. lang. View clips below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here