*The lineup of vocal talent keeps coming for new Tony Award-nominated “After Midnight.”
Producers of the show that celebrates Duke Ellington’s years at the Cotton Club announced that Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight and Natalie Cole will take turns as special guest stars this summer.
LaBelle will play performances from June 10-29, Knight takes July 8- Aug. 3, and Cole will appear from Aug. 5-31 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.
Each will offer their own take on the songs “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love,” ”Stormy Weather,” ”On the Sunny Side of the Street” and “Zaz Zuh Zaz.”
The show earned seven Tony nods on Tuesday, including one for best musical.
Past stars of the show include Fantasia Barrino, Toni Braxton, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds, Vanessa Williams and k.d. lang. View clips below.
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here