*A rep for Paula Deen’s family confirmed that Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House, the Savannah, Georgia restaurant at the center of a lawsuit that left the celebrity chef’s reputation destroyed, saw its final day of business on Thursday.
Spokesman Jaret Keller says owner and operator Bubba Hiers, who is Deen’s brother, decided to close the restaurant to explore development options for the waterfront property. Keller says a range of uses are being considered.
The establishment opened in 2004. Deen co-owned it with Hiers, who oversaw daily operations.
Former manager Lisa Jackson sued them both in 2012, saying she worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and sexual innuendo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here