*A rep for Paula Deen’s family confirmed that Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House, the Savannah, Georgia restaurant at the center of a lawsuit that left the celebrity chef’s reputation destroyed, saw its final day of business on Thursday.
Spokesman Jaret Keller says owner and operator Bubba Hiers, who is Deen’s brother, decided to close the restaurant to explore development options for the waterfront property. Keller says a range of uses are being considered.
The establishment opened in 2004. Deen co-owned it with Hiers, who oversaw daily operations.
Former manager Lisa Jackson sued them both in 2012, saying she worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and sexual innuendo.
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Report: Joe Jackson Suffers Stroke/Blindness in Brazil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here