*A rep for Paula Deen’s family confirmed that Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House, the Savannah, Georgia restaurant at the center of a lawsuit that left the celebrity chef’s reputation destroyed, saw its final day of business on Thursday.
Spokesman Jaret Keller says owner and operator Bubba Hiers, who is Deen’s brother, decided to close the restaurant to explore development options for the waterfront property. Keller says a range of uses are being considered.
The establishment opened in 2004. Deen co-owned it with Hiers, who oversaw daily operations.
Former manager Lisa Jackson sued them both in 2012, saying she worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and sexual innuendo.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here