*A rep for Paula Deen’s family confirmed that Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House, the Savannah, Georgia restaurant at the center of a lawsuit that left the celebrity chef’s reputation destroyed, saw its final day of business on Thursday.
Spokesman Jaret Keller says owner and operator Bubba Hiers, who is Deen’s brother, decided to close the restaurant to explore development options for the waterfront property. Keller says a range of uses are being considered.
The establishment opened in 2004. Deen co-owned it with Hiers, who oversaw daily operations.
Former manager Lisa Jackson sued them both in 2012, saying she worked in an environment rife with racial slurs and sexual innuendo.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here