Until now, she revealed her ex-husband physically abused her during their marriage.
“Yeah. There were several different occasions that this happened,” she revealed.
Williams thought the abuse would end and her marriage would get better.
“When you’re in an abusive situation, it kind of just builds, and it starts to get worse and worse. And people ask me, why didn’t you tell anybody or call the police or what have you?”
She continued with, “I just thought that I could make it better. I honestly thought after each situation that I would change this or I would change that, and therefore the outcome wouldn’t be the same. It doesn’t work like that.”
She put on that outside, happy appearance.
“A lot of women who are in situations like I was in, I wanted to make it better. I was praying every day. I was cooking. I was smiling. The outside appearance was as if nothing was happening.”
She added, “even though you’re being abused, you still love that person, you’re just trying to love them through it. And you’re trying to pray them through it and you’re not realizing that you can’t change a person, they have to change themselves.”
But she knows it’s not her fault now.
“I’m still realizing now that a lot of what happened, it wasn’t my fault.”
Stewart responded to Williams and said he’s praying for her.
“I married my wife because she was a Godly woman who had accepted her calling as a minister. The bright lights made Porsha loose her way. I no longer know the person she has become. I hope and pray she can turn her life around soon,” he said.
He added, “I loved my wife, supported her and invested in her success. As a reminder, I divorced her. At no time has there been any findings against me, during or before the divorce proceedings, to indicate anything less than a loving and supportive husband.”
And of course, he called her claims false.
“I’m focused on raising my son and being a single dad. That is a big enough job, without having to continue to respond to her false claims and foolishness. It seems she is willing to do anything to try and keep herself relevant,” he said.
He added, “I have moved forward in my life and I hope she can move forward and stop bringing me back into her life. I was done over 14 months ago with our relationship and marriage.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here