*The mysterious boost in face time given to Kenya Moore’s little pup Velvet in the two “Real Housewives of Atlanta” episodes leading up to Sunday night now makes sense.
Producers were preparing viewers to understand the depth of Moore’s complete meltdown upon hearing that Velvet had passed away suddenly after being attacked by a neighbor’s dog.
On the show, Moore was seen bawling as her Aunt Lori rushed to her bedside.
“It happened so fast. I let her outside and then I heard her screaming,” Moore sobbed about her pet Yorkshire terrier. “I ran outside. She was on the other side of the gate. The dog had her in its mouth, dangling her.”
Moore told her Aunt Lori she had rushed Velvet to the veterinary hospital, but it was too late.
“She was looking at me; I told her not to leave me. I could just see her letting go.”
Moore explained to Bravo’s cameras she’d had Velvet for seven years.
“I wasn’t there to protect her!” Moore moaned to her aunt, who tried in vain to console her. “She always protected me … even though she was little.
“Why her? Why now?” Moore said through her tears. “How do I go on?”
Moore’s aunt told her it wasn’t going to be easy but she had to accept it — and should definitely have a memorial service for her pet.
“My whole world revolved around Velvet,” Moore told the cameras.
Aunt Lori suggested that maybe Velvet’s demise was God’s way of making room for a child for Moore.
“Do you believe that you’re going to have a child?” Aunt Lori asked Moore. “Do you think you can give a child that same love you showed Velvet? …That may be why God called Velvet away, so you can give this new child your undivided attention and your unconditional love.”
Later, Moore met with co-star Kandi Burruss and Cynthia Bailey to break the bad news about her dog.
“She was my baby,” Moore told Burruss and Bailey, saying she wanted them–and perhaps no other housewives–at Velvet’s memorial service.
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Her N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here