*After testing actors over the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. and DC have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic, reports Variety.
Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.
Fisher joins a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.
Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan toward a May 6, 2016 release.
Fisher is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man,” in which he portrayed Muhammad Ali.
He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here