*After testing actors over the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. and DC have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic, reports Variety.
Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.
Fisher joins a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.
Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan toward a May 6, 2016 release.
Fisher is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man,” in which he portrayed Muhammad Ali.
He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here