*After testing actors over the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. and DC have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic, reports Variety.
Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.
Fisher joins a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.
Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan toward a May 6, 2016 release.
Fisher is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man,” in which he portrayed Muhammad Ali.
He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here