*After testing actors over the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. and DC have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic, reports Variety.
Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.
Fisher joins a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.
Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan toward a May 6, 2016 release.
Fisher is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man,” in which he portrayed Muhammad Ali.
He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here