*After testing actors over the past couple of weeks, Warner Bros. and DC have tapped theater actor Ray Fisher for the role of Cyborg in the untitled Batman-Superman pic, reports Variety.
Victor Stone or Cyborg, while not a major part in the Batman-Superman feature, is a member of the Justice League, and the role will become much more significant role as Warner and DC develop more films related to the Justice League universe, sources confirm.
Fisher joins a cast that includes Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams.
Zack Snyder is directing from a script by David S. Goyer, based on a story by Goyer and Snyder. Production is currently under way in Michigan toward a May 6, 2016 release.
Fisher is more known for his theater roles including the Broadway play “Fetch Clay, Make Man,” in which he portrayed Muhammad Ali.
He was also one of the actors testing for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming “Star Wars: Episode VII.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Tracy Morgan Performs First Standup Gig Since Crash
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here