*Bad news for Michael Ealy.
Deadline.com is reporting that his Fox series “Almost Human,” starring the actor as a cyborg cop, has not been picked up for a second season.
According to the website, the futuristic drama co-starring Karl Urban got off to a slow start in November but held enough ground to at least earn renewal consideration, often finishing on par with its Monday companion (the already-renewed drama “The Following”). In fact, the March season (and series) finale of “Almost Human” logged a 1.5 rating in 18-49, matching the Live+Same Day rating for last night’s finale of “The Following.” (The Following is a bigger DVR draw).
According to Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva, “Almost Human’s” chances started to slip once Fox’s drama pilots started coming in. “Gotham” (co-starring Jada Pinkett Smith), “The Red Band Society” (co-starring Octavia Spencer) and “Empire” (starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson) are all considered strong contenders for a series pickup, which didn’t bode well for “Almost Human.”
Urban played a human cop paired with Ealy’s lifelike combat-model android in “Almost Human,” from the “Fringe” team of JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here