*Bad news for Michael Ealy.
Deadline.com is reporting that his Fox series “Almost Human,” starring the actor as a cyborg cop, has not been picked up for a second season.
According to the website, the futuristic drama co-starring Karl Urban got off to a slow start in November but held enough ground to at least earn renewal consideration, often finishing on par with its Monday companion (the already-renewed drama “The Following”). In fact, the March season (and series) finale of “Almost Human” logged a 1.5 rating in 18-49, matching the Live+Same Day rating for last night’s finale of “The Following.” (The Following is a bigger DVR draw).
According to Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva, “Almost Human’s” chances started to slip once Fox’s drama pilots started coming in. “Gotham” (co-starring Jada Pinkett Smith), “The Red Band Society” (co-starring Octavia Spencer) and “Empire” (starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson) are all considered strong contenders for a series pickup, which didn’t bode well for “Almost Human.”
Urban played a human cop paired with Ealy’s lifelike combat-model android in “Almost Human,” from the “Fringe” team of JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marcus D. Spencer (Big Spence) Finds Role in 'Fair Chase'
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here