*Bad news for Michael Ealy.
Deadline.com is reporting that his Fox series “Almost Human,” starring the actor as a cyborg cop, has not been picked up for a second season.
According to the website, the futuristic drama co-starring Karl Urban got off to a slow start in November but held enough ground to at least earn renewal consideration, often finishing on par with its Monday companion (the already-renewed drama “The Following”). In fact, the March season (and series) finale of “Almost Human” logged a 1.5 rating in 18-49, matching the Live+Same Day rating for last night’s finale of “The Following.” (The Following is a bigger DVR draw).
According to Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva, “Almost Human’s” chances started to slip once Fox’s drama pilots started coming in. “Gotham” (co-starring Jada Pinkett Smith), “The Red Band Society” (co-starring Octavia Spencer) and “Empire” (starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson) are all considered strong contenders for a series pickup, which didn’t bode well for “Almost Human.”
Urban played a human cop paired with Ealy’s lifelike combat-model android in “Almost Human,” from the “Fringe” team of JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here