*After spending 17 months out of the studio dealing with uterine cancer, Robin Quivers has opened up to “Extra” correspondent Beth Stern, about how Howard Stern helped her through her struggle.
Both ladies were teary eyed as they discussed how hard of a time it was.
Robin: “It was rough for all of us because right away he (Howard) took it to heart and I think he was more concerned for me than I was concerned myself.”
Beth: “He was up night after night throughout your whole ordeal…I was comforting him…You (to Robin) are our family…He loves you so much.”
Robin: “We love each other, we went on our business, it never had to be expressed like that…There was a certain point he (Howard) took over.” She went on to say,“He said we’re now going to get you the best doctor, the best treatment, you’re gonna have the best of everything.”
Howard did so much for Robin behind the scenes including chronic talks and visits the whole time she said. “He wanted to know the ins and outs of every detail…People were asking me when did Howard make you laugh again, I said Howard started making me laugh right away.” Robin described a time where she told Howard the doctor said she needed chewing gum and chap stick. “He walks into the hospital room with this huge basket, it was filled with every type of chewing gum you can find, every type chap stick and lip balm you can find, then he said but you haven’t seen the best part of the gift, the thing that’s gonna make you better…It was a self portrait.” Now cancer free, Robin is grateful to get back to working with Howard everyday. “I would wish everyone in the world a friend like Howard, because you couldn’t be more loved and more supported, and he’s done that for me my entire life, since I’ve known him…I remember when I called him and said you’re gonna have to put up with me a lot longer, and he was like that’s the greatest news I’ve ever heard.”
Beth: “I was right there when he said that, and he hung up the phone and he cried.” Beth telling Robin for the first time that Howard really did say he wouldn’t go on with the show without Robin, “There were many nights Howard turned to me and said, you know I would not continue my radio show without Robin.”
Robin (crying): “It really touched me, and it meant so much. It told everybody else how he feels about me.”
Robin is dedicating her book, “The Vegucation of Robin,” all about her vegan lifestyle and how it helped her recovery to Howard. Robin, “He’s the reason I’m alive.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here