*(Via Salon) – An Arizona attorney announced Wednesday that he will not drop felony child abuse charges against (Shanesha Taylor) an unemployed single mother who left her children in a car during a job interview after she couldn’t find childcare.
People in Arizona and across the country have urged Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery to consider the circumstances — including poverty, housing insecurity and a state-wide lack of access to affordable childcare — that may have led Taylor to make such a decision, but he remains unmoved.
“First, they weren’t signatures [on the online petition in support of Taylor]; they were just a list of names,” Montgomery told the Arizona Republic. “So I don’t know whether any of the individuals in their pajamas who logged on to the site and put their name on there really had a clue of all the circumstances involved in this particular case.”
Read/learn MORE at Salon.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here