*(Via Salon) – An Arizona attorney announced Wednesday that he will not drop felony child abuse charges against (Shanesha Taylor) an unemployed single mother who left her children in a car during a job interview after she couldn’t find childcare.
People in Arizona and across the country have urged Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery to consider the circumstances — including poverty, housing insecurity and a state-wide lack of access to affordable childcare — that may have led Taylor to make such a decision, but he remains unmoved.
“First, they weren’t signatures [on the online petition in support of Taylor]; they were just a list of names,” Montgomery told the Arizona Republic. “So I don’t know whether any of the individuals in their pajamas who logged on to the site and put their name on there really had a clue of all the circumstances involved in this particular case.”
Read/learn MORE at Salon.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here