*In the wake of LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling‘s purported racist comments to his half Black/Mexican girlfriend, V. Stiviano, which were caught on tape, the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are speaking out.
In a statement emailed to EURweb, here’s what Sharpton, president on the National Action Network, has to say:
“The NBA must investigate L.A. Clippers owner, Donald Sterling’s, recent racial comments that were caught on tape and discipline him. No one should be allowed to own a team if they have in fact engaged in this kind of racial language. We are prepared at National Action Network to rally in front of the NBA headquarters if this matter is not immediately dealt with.”
Jesse Jackson told TMZ that Sterling’s comments put the players in an awkward situation, due to the fact they have a playoff game tomorrow.
Jackson says the league “must respond and respond quickly” — and says the players should do something during the game to “show a sign of indignation.”
Jackson pointed to the Miami Heat players — who wore hoodies to show their outrage after the shooting of Trayvon Martin … and says the Clippers should do something similar.
Meanwhile, the purported audio recording of Donald Sterling making the racist remarks is being investigated by the National Basketball Association.
NBA spokesman Mike Bass issued the following statement to ESPN: “We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ. The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information.
Also, there’s this: Last month, CBS reported that Rochelle Sterling, Sterling’s wife, filed a lawsuit against Stiviano, alleging she had a sexual affair with her husband. The suit, which states Sterling and Stiviano began their relationship after meeting at the Super Bowl in 2010, asks for a return of all cash, land cars and other items that under California law are the community property of the Sterlings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here