*In the wake of LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling‘s purported racist comments to his half Black/Mexican girlfriend, V. Stiviano, which were caught on tape, the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are speaking out.
In a statement emailed to EURweb, here’s what Sharpton, president on the National Action Network, has to say:
“The NBA must investigate L.A. Clippers owner, Donald Sterling’s, recent racial comments that were caught on tape and discipline him. No one should be allowed to own a team if they have in fact engaged in this kind of racial language. We are prepared at National Action Network to rally in front of the NBA headquarters if this matter is not immediately dealt with.”
Jesse Jackson told TMZ that Sterling’s comments put the players in an awkward situation, due to the fact they have a playoff game tomorrow.
Jackson says the league “must respond and respond quickly” — and says the players should do something during the game to “show a sign of indignation.”
Jackson pointed to the Miami Heat players — who wore hoodies to show their outrage after the shooting of Trayvon Martin … and says the Clippers should do something similar.
Meanwhile, the purported audio recording of Donald Sterling making the racist remarks is being investigated by the National Basketball Association.
NBA spokesman Mike Bass issued the following statement to ESPN: “We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ. The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information.
Also, there’s this: Last month, CBS reported that Rochelle Sterling, Sterling’s wife, filed a lawsuit against Stiviano, alleging she had a sexual affair with her husband. The suit, which states Sterling and Stiviano began their relationship after meeting at the Super Bowl in 2010, asks for a return of all cash, land cars and other items that under California law are the community property of the Sterlings.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here