*In the wake of LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling‘s purported racist comments to his half Black/Mexican girlfriend, V. Stiviano, which were caught on tape, the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are speaking out.
In a statement emailed to EURweb, here’s what Sharpton, president on the National Action Network, has to say:
“The NBA must investigate L.A. Clippers owner, Donald Sterling’s, recent racial comments that were caught on tape and discipline him. No one should be allowed to own a team if they have in fact engaged in this kind of racial language. We are prepared at National Action Network to rally in front of the NBA headquarters if this matter is not immediately dealt with.”
Jesse Jackson told TMZ that Sterling’s comments put the players in an awkward situation, due to the fact they have a playoff game tomorrow.
Jackson says the league “must respond and respond quickly” — and says the players should do something during the game to “show a sign of indignation.”
Jackson pointed to the Miami Heat players — who wore hoodies to show their outrage after the shooting of Trayvon Martin … and says the Clippers should do something similar.
Meanwhile, the purported audio recording of Donald Sterling making the racist remarks is being investigated by the National Basketball Association.
NBA spokesman Mike Bass issued the following statement to ESPN: “We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ. The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information.
Also, there’s this: Last month, CBS reported that Rochelle Sterling, Sterling’s wife, filed a lawsuit against Stiviano, alleging she had a sexual affair with her husband. The suit, which states Sterling and Stiviano began their relationship after meeting at the Super Bowl in 2010, asks for a return of all cash, land cars and other items that under California law are the community property of the Sterlings.
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here