The ESPN personality weighed in on Bryant’s refusal to react to the issue just because Martin is African-American on “The Arsenio Hall Show,” saying that the NBA all-star was “right on point” with his commentary.
Bryant has come under fire recently for admitting that he wasn’t comfortable with several Miami Heat players protesting in support of Martin with a team photo of them wearing hoodies. In his eyes, Bryant, who isn’t a fan of reacting to an issue like Martin’s because he’s African-American, feels people should listen to the facts rather than committing to a cause blindly.
Although he stated that it’s fairly evident black people are “outnumbered” in American society, Smith mentioned that that doesn’t mean the African-American community has a “license to be unfair.” The bottom line, according to Smith, is that people need to “exercise a level of fairness and justice.”
During the chat, Hall recalled how he “went hook, line, and sinker with an opinion” during the infamous Tawana Brawley case in order for things to change when the facts came out. As a result, the talk show host emphasized how patience must be a top virtue.
“When you make the mistake of jumping to emotional conclusions and being factually incorrect, your cachet diminishes,” Smith added.
To see Arsenio Hall’s interview with Stephen A. Smith, click on the video below:
In addition to Bryant, Smith addressed former Lakers coach Phil Jackson and his $12 million front office job with the New York Knicks.
To see Smith’s take on the situation, in which the commentator believes Jackson will have a hard time in light of having so many enemies around the league, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Camp Reacts to Kanye West Lyric, ‘I Made That B*tch Famous’
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here