Gilbert left the show with Faith Evans and two new divas replaced them.
And Johnson thinks they are a better fit for the show.
“You know I don’t miss Nicci. Everybody knows that,” she told Sister 2 Sister.
Don’t get Johnson wrong, she does wish Gilbert the best.
“I don’t hate Nicci at all. I think she needs to be accountable for some of her actions, but I don’t hate her at all. I wish her the best in everything she does,” she said.
There will be no diva drama — at least not among the ladies. There is always drama in the life of a diva, but the ladies do get along.
“This season we’ve gotten back to the music. There’s more singing. There are more performances. You get to see us sing together, create records. That was the point [of the show],” Syleena explained.
Gilbert, along with Kelly Price from “R&B Divas LA,” weren’t fan favorites. They were definitely the mean girls of their respective shows — causing backlash in their careers.
“What Nicci and Kelly went through, I think it’s terrible,” she said.“They’re bananas; that’s true, but I didn’t think it was enough to say, ‘I’m not going to buy someone’s records.’ They’re human beings. They make mistakes like we all do.”
But there is a difference between the two mean girls.
“I think Kelly was pretty accountable. I don’t think Nicci took responsibility for anything that she’s done, but I don’t think people should have bashed her,” she said.
She continued with, “she brought it on herself, but I felt bad. I don’t condone that. People have a right to have an opinion, but to go as far as saying, ‘We’re not going to buy your record…’ I don’t think that’s right.”
But even though Gilbert left the show (taking the drama with her), Johnson said fans won’t be disappointed in the upcoming season.
“It’s a full season. It’s nothing that you don’t have: pain, pleasure, fights, breakups, makeups. At the end of the day, you actually get to see a bond happen. The season ends up very positive and not on purpose. It just came naturally,” she said. “I’m excited about it.”
The show premieres on TV One on April 23 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Sandra Bland’s Family Proceeds with Federal Lawsuit
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here