Gilbert left the show with Faith Evans and two new divas replaced them.
And Johnson thinks they are a better fit for the show.
“You know I don’t miss Nicci. Everybody knows that,” she told Sister 2 Sister.
Don’t get Johnson wrong, she does wish Gilbert the best.
“I don’t hate Nicci at all. I think she needs to be accountable for some of her actions, but I don’t hate her at all. I wish her the best in everything she does,” she said.
There will be no diva drama — at least not among the ladies. There is always drama in the life of a diva, but the ladies do get along.
“This season we’ve gotten back to the music. There’s more singing. There are more performances. You get to see us sing together, create records. That was the point [of the show],” Syleena explained.
Gilbert, along with Kelly Price from “R&B Divas LA,” weren’t fan favorites. They were definitely the mean girls of their respective shows — causing backlash in their careers.
“What Nicci and Kelly went through, I think it’s terrible,” she said.“They’re bananas; that’s true, but I didn’t think it was enough to say, ‘I’m not going to buy someone’s records.’ They’re human beings. They make mistakes like we all do.”
But there is a difference between the two mean girls.
“I think Kelly was pretty accountable. I don’t think Nicci took responsibility for anything that she’s done, but I don’t think people should have bashed her,” she said.
She continued with, “she brought it on herself, but I felt bad. I don’t condone that. People have a right to have an opinion, but to go as far as saying, ‘We’re not going to buy your record…’ I don’t think that’s right.”
But even though Gilbert left the show (taking the drama with her), Johnson said fans won’t be disappointed in the upcoming season.
“It’s a full season. It’s nothing that you don’t have: pain, pleasure, fights, breakups, makeups. At the end of the day, you actually get to see a bond happen. The season ends up very positive and not on purpose. It just came naturally,” she said. “I’m excited about it.”
The show premieres on TV One on April 23 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here