*One day after it was announced that Al Roker and his “Today” co-host Matt Lauer will be in “Sharknado 2,” he was mysteriously missing from Thursday’s “Today” show.
Turns out it was a bad shoulder, not a flying shark that kept him away. Roker tweeted:
Rotator cuff repair this am. Thanks to Dr. Riley Williams and his team, back to pitching middle relief for the Yankees before you know it
— Al Roker (@alroker) April 2, 2014
It is not clear how long it will take him to recover, though the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says that rotator cuff surgery patients typically wear shoulder slings after the procedure and practice physical therapy exercises for several weeks.
Dylan Dreyer filled in for Roker on Wednesday, while the “Today” show wished him the best:
Thinking of @AlRoker as he recovers from rotator cuff surgery. Get well soon!
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 3, 2014
Below, Wednesday’s “Sharknado 2” announcement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here