*One day after it was announced that Al Roker and his “Today” co-host Matt Lauer will be in “Sharknado 2,” he was mysteriously missing from Thursday’s “Today” show.
Turns out it was a bad shoulder, not a flying shark that kept him away. Roker tweeted:
Rotator cuff repair this am. Thanks to Dr. Riley Williams and his team, back to pitching middle relief for the Yankees before you know it
— Al Roker (@alroker) April 2, 2014
It is not clear how long it will take him to recover, though the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says that rotator cuff surgery patients typically wear shoulder slings after the procedure and practice physical therapy exercises for several weeks.
Dylan Dreyer filled in for Roker on Wednesday, while the “Today” show wished him the best:
Thinking of @AlRoker as he recovers from rotator cuff surgery. Get well soon!
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 3, 2014
Below, Wednesday’s “Sharknado 2” announcement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here