*One day after it was announced that Al Roker and his “Today” co-host Matt Lauer will be in “Sharknado 2,” he was mysteriously missing from Thursday’s “Today” show.
Turns out it was a bad shoulder, not a flying shark that kept him away. Roker tweeted:
Rotator cuff repair this am. Thanks to Dr. Riley Williams and his team, back to pitching middle relief for the Yankees before you know it
— Al Roker (@alroker) April 2, 2014
It is not clear how long it will take him to recover, though the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says that rotator cuff surgery patients typically wear shoulder slings after the procedure and practice physical therapy exercises for several weeks.
Dylan Dreyer filled in for Roker on Wednesday, while the “Today” show wished him the best:
Thinking of @AlRoker as he recovers from rotator cuff surgery. Get well soon!
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 3, 2014
Below, Wednesday’s “Sharknado 2″ announcement.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here