*One day after it was announced that Al Roker and his “Today” co-host Matt Lauer will be in “Sharknado 2,” he was mysteriously missing from Thursday’s “Today” show.
Turns out it was a bad shoulder, not a flying shark that kept him away. Roker tweeted:
Rotator cuff repair this am. Thanks to Dr. Riley Williams and his team, back to pitching middle relief for the Yankees before you know it
— Al Roker (@alroker) April 2, 2014
It is not clear how long it will take him to recover, though the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says that rotator cuff surgery patients typically wear shoulder slings after the procedure and practice physical therapy exercises for several weeks.
Dylan Dreyer filled in for Roker on Wednesday, while the “Today” show wished him the best:
Thinking of @AlRoker as he recovers from rotator cuff surgery. Get well soon!
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 3, 2014
Below, Wednesday’s “Sharknado 2” announcement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here