*One day after it was announced that Al Roker and his “Today” co-host Matt Lauer will be in “Sharknado 2,” he was mysteriously missing from Thursday’s “Today” show.
Turns out it was a bad shoulder, not a flying shark that kept him away. Roker tweeted:
Rotator cuff repair this am. Thanks to Dr. Riley Williams and his team, back to pitching middle relief for the Yankees before you know it
— Al Roker (@alroker) April 2, 2014
It is not clear how long it will take him to recover, though the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says that rotator cuff surgery patients typically wear shoulder slings after the procedure and practice physical therapy exercises for several weeks.
Dylan Dreyer filled in for Roker on Wednesday, while the “Today” show wished him the best:
Thinking of @AlRoker as he recovers from rotator cuff surgery. Get well soon!
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 3, 2014
Below, Wednesday’s “Sharknado 2” announcement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here